Hooking up 12v 13w TV to exercise bike

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The alternative offered in #14 by @Berzerker seems a lot more practical. It depends whether the goal is a fun and challenging project or to simply watch TV while exercising.
There are always a few folks who give up at the smallest apparent problem. Then there are those who regard every problem as an enemy to be defeated. Some have even made a good living defeating the problems that others give up on. The philosophy that has been passed on to a whole lot of folks who have succeeded is that as soon as you give up you are beaten, and you have lost.
What is to be gained by doing things exactly like everybody else simply because every body else does it that way?

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Wrapping the pulley with electrical or duct tape might improve the contact friction.
My solution to this part of the project would be to use a flat belt and a bicycle RIM. The bottom of the rim is already fairly flat, and with that large a diameter there should be significant contact and drag to turn the belt with little if no slippage at all. But I wouldn't be attempting this project. I prefer my handsome figure just the way it is.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
There are always a few folks who give up at the smallest apparent problem. Then there are those who regard every problem as an enemy to be defeated. Some have even made a good living defeating the problems that others give up on. The philosophy that has been passed on to a whole lot of folks who have succeeded is that as soon as you give up you are beaten, and you have lost.
What is to be gained by doing things exactly like everybody else simply because every body else does it that way?
“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Indeed that is true, but then what constitutes "No Battle"? Even having the confidence and determination just to show up can be an effort. We have one moderator, at least, who fights against physical challenges to be part of this great assemblage. Not naming names, but those who know, know.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Indeed that is true, but then what constitutes "No Battle"? Even having the confidence and determination just to show up can be an effort. We have one moderator, at least, who fights against physical challenges to be part of this great assemblage. Not naming names, but those who know, know.
Let’s see how the TS wants to proceed. There’s no right or wrong answer.