Homework - Mythbuster Ideas?

Mike Hunt

Joined Jan 6, 2010
Teacher assigned to create Mythbuster ideas.

For Example: Anti-Static bags are built to protect electronic hardware from a static charge. The myth is that anti-static bags only keep hardware inside the bag from creating a static charge, but the bag will not keep static from traveling through the bag from outside and potentially destroying the hardware.

Do you guys have any?

sceadwian

Joined Jun 1, 2009
That's not a myth. Common sense tells you that all anti-static bags actually are made out of is conductive plastics, it doesn't keep static energy from traveling anywhere, in fact it promotes electrical flow, giving the static charge someplace to dissipate besides the contents of the package. No device in an anti-static bag should ever be possible of generating a static charge. If the bag is conductive enough it should be safe from general normal environmental static discharges, NOTHING can completly protect it from artificial or stored charges above what should be naturally expected.

Mike Hunt

Joined Jan 6, 2010
Hey. I'm just in 10th grade in my first Electronics class. Could you give me a good myth or idea? Something about waves? Electrical flow? Something that hasn't been proven true?

Thanks