Homework-Amplifier

yifei87

Joined Sep 7, 2008
hey guy,

i m working on designing a tuned amplifier (3-stage stagger) but i have no much idea on how the circuit should look like and what should i take consideration on?

Could anyone help me by sending me a schmatic or telling me how to build the circuit.

yifei87

Joined Sep 7, 2008
emm, that is my 2-stage design look like , but now i m trying to design a 3-stage. so, how should it look like?

Attachments

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Your current design is going to look a lot like a cloud of smoke. Both emitters to -10 volts and both collectors to +10 with no current limiting can't work. The arrangement is somewhat like a differential amp, whereas what you want is just three stages of single ended amplification.

Still no parameters given.

yifei87

Joined Sep 7, 2008
Your current design is going to look a lot like a cloud of smoke. Both emitters to -10 volts and both collectors to +10 with no current limiting can't work. The arrangement is somewhat like a differential amp, whereas what you want is just three stages of single ended amplification.

Still no parameters given.

yes.i m showing u a 2-stage design using a differential amp. my problem is i not sure how a 3-stage circuit should be? the parameter of my 2-stage design is just a sample, not yet taken consideration. each stage of stagger tuned circuit should have CL pair, therefore my design is 2 -stage.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Possibly, there is some miscommunication here. When I hear the term "stagger tuned", I think of IF amplifiers. The several amps in the IF strip are peaked at different frequencies so the overall gain is across a wider range of frequencies than one stage could manage by itself, and the overall gain is reasonably flat.

I have yet to hear anything about what your amplifier is supposed to do in terms of gain or at what frequency and the width of the passband.

No parameters, no further help possible.

Last edited: