Homemade Mp3 Speakers Help

KilowattQ

Joined Jun 4, 2013
Hey everybody, I am new to this forum so let me start by saying hello. My name is Quinton. I'm simply a hobbyist who finds electronics and the endless possibilities electronics has to offer incredible. I am stuck right now on what is probably an easy task for some of you.

So I had taken apart a flat screen that finally just went out and I salvaged a bunch of parts. I took the two TV speakers out and hooked them up parallel to a male 1/8' cable to plug into my mp3 player. Well it does work but the sound is quite low. I mean my mp3 player is louder without the speakers. So I came to the conclusion that I'm probably going to need an amplifier of sorts. Well I know that there had to be one built into the TV, which I assume is on the circuit board (Theres like 5 circuit boards) Problem is, I'm not really sure what it is I'm looking for on the circuit boards to find the amplifier, or if one of the whole circuit board is the amp. Kinda confusing sounding I know just kinda hard to explain I just know I need to find the amplifier on the salvaged circuit boards and power them up or build one of my own. Anybody have any ideas? Thank you in advance as well and I look forward to discussing many projects with you.

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
If you want to be abit more creative and get some experience out of it then you might try using and integrated amplifier like 'TDA2004'

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/25037/STMICROELECTRONICS/TDA2004.html

They cost about 2 euros here in europe. There is some external circuitry involved but they give an example of how you can connect it in the datasheet . If you are going to get that then get a heatsink for it aswell.
I've never wired up one of those but I've got some in my parts set and waiting for a nice project to come up where i'll get a chance to use them :)