home work

cdennis414

Joined Dec 19, 2012
Help please...
One of the question on my assignment is using appropriate software tools,identify the function of the circuit(attached)
Explain the effect of the circuit on 10V peak sinusoids 1KHz, 6KHz,9KHz
Explain the effect the circuit will have on 10V peak square waves same frequencies
The problem i have got is no matter what voltage output from function generator is,the output of circuit shown on the scope is 0v and bode plotter does not read anything either. Is there any fault in the circuit or am I doing something wrong....??
Thank you.

Attachments

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Help please...
One of the question on my assignment is using appropriate software tools,identify the function of the circuit(attached)
Explain the effect of the circuit on 10V peak sinusoids 1KHz, 6KHz,9KHz
Explain the effect the circuit will have on 10V peak square waves same frequencies
The problem i have got is no matter what voltage output from function generator is,the output of circuit shown on the scope is 0v and bode plotter does not read anything either. Is there any fault in the circuit or am I doing something wrong....??
Thank you.
Your voltage sources for the negative supply for the op amps are reversed...
+Vcc = 15V
-Vcc = 15V

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
That's the kind of thing that can real hard to catch, especially for the person that made the mistake in the first place. We tend to see things according to how we know they should be or how we intended it to be and not the way things actually are. This is true in both hardware and software. The more times you make mistakes like that the easier it will be for you to spot them, but you will never stop making them.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Yup, this is why if I run into a problem I can't figure out, I go do something else, then I can come back to it with fresh eyes without being too frustrated...;)

I've made almost this same mistake plenty of times!:p

cdennis414

Joined Dec 19, 2012
I think i checked it about dozen of times
but i just could not see the mistake ....
A little bit embarrassed ..but very happy
Thanks again...

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Our mistakes are our best teachers. You can bet you will make this same mistake again. Only next time, it will probably still take you quite a while to spot it, but YOU will spot it. The time after that, you will spot it fairly quickly. After that, it will be a combination of you not making this mistake as frequently and being able to spot it almost immediately when you do. The same will be true for a host of other mistakes, some of which are common among many people and some of which are nearly unique to you.