Home brew PCB's

capnray

Joined Jul 3, 2010
I use positive sensitized MG Chemicals boards and developer through Mouser. It is slick and my etchant is also home brew and fast.

I had a long post that went to cyber hell, so I'll attempt only a reply to questions. Pictures are attached.

I have beaten several barriers in my quest for easy to make PCB's and have succeeded!!!

Attachments

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Did you buy photo sensitive boards, youor you applied a photosensitive solution to the board? (Sounds like coated board, but that big chunk was sitting in light, so I had to ask)

The results are nice with crisp edges on the lines. I do toner transfer if I end up making a board.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It can be a challenge sometimes. I've found when learning the method you want to use there is always a lot of trial and error. After you perfect your personal technique it looks easy to everyone else.

Project: How to make PCBs

If you add a bit more detail I think it would make a good addition to the completed projects. It is one of the things folks new to the hobby are always interested in, and as with many things there is more than one way to do it well.

I'm still ironing a few bugs out of my personal process.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Currently I am using PCB Express, but it doesn't matter. Right now I have to use GIMP, because it is the only software that will print 600DPI to my printer.

I also take the time to touch up the PCB print to my personal specs using MS Paint, mostly in redefining my pads. Compared to layout it doesn't take long.

The major strength of your method is the alignment of double sided designs. It is something toner transfer doesn't do very well.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Currently I am using PCB Express, but it doesn't matter. Right now I have to use GIMP, because it is the only software that will print 600DPI to my printer.

I also take the time to touch up the PCB print to my personal specs using MS Paint, mostly in redefining my pads. Compared to layout it doesn't take long.

The major strength of your method is the alignment of double sided designs. It is something toner transfer doesn't do very well.

Bill,

PCB Express should print 600 DPI too. It just lacks property change features on print. One the the few things I hate about PCB Express.

Just use your property settings from the OS printer control. It should work.