Holding a Signal

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by skiziks, Oct 17, 2007.

  1. skiziks

    Thread Starter New Member

    Oct 17, 2007
    Hi everybody,

    I'm currently working on a project where I need a signal to be held for a few seconds. In my circuit I've got a series of LED lights which go on in a series depending on the change in voltage caused by a varibale resistor (strain guage), so more voltage drop, more LEDs go on. I was told that I need to use Dual D-type flip-flops (two of them) to hold the signal, but I don't know how to implement them.

    Advice would be welcome and appreciated.

    Thanks alot.

  2. beenthere

    Retired Moderator

    Apr 20, 2004
    The signal out of a strain gauge is analog in nature. Using a sample-and-hold amp seems to be more the thing.

    With no schematic or circuit description, it is very hard to give a good answer. Doeas the strain gauge bridge get amplified and then get digitized? That is the only way a flip-flop might be of use.