HIP 4080 IC where can i buy ??

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Avoid ebay for devices like transistors and mosfet driver ic's as these are very commonly counterfeit.
Do you actually have evidence of this or are you just propagating an urban myth? Personally I have bought a lot of components off Ebay and, more often than not, it is someone with a RS/Farnell account who is buying in bulk and reselling.

Yes i have indeed been bitten by counterfeit devices on ebay. And the general rule is, if its cheaper than from a retail outlet like farnell, its most likely either counterfeit or factory rejects that dident pass QC thats been rebranded and put on ebay.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Do you actually have evidence of this or are you just propagating an urban myth? Personally I have bought a lot of components off Ebay and, more often than not, it is someone with a RS/Farnell account who is buying in bulk and reselling.
More often than not you can't even tell the difference.. :p
I just got a handful of counterfeit Omron snap action switches..

Ebay just had to pay something like 2.5 million (was originally 60 million) from a lawsuit with Louis Vuitton

Ebay (as well as all the common electronic distributors) have substantial counterfeit departments that are constantly working to stop it.. But it happens ALL the time... and costs the electronics/automotive/consumer industry billions of dollars each year..

China even has problems with whole counterfeit stores.. Like a knocked off Apple store,etc...