hii

electronmagic

Joined May 28, 2011
i need to make a circuit to turn on and off two switches when a small electric current generate in my circuit.now i taken the current to motor and when motor rotates it press switch in different sides and both gets on/off.now i need to change motor and replace it with simple electronic components,can i use transistor,which one?is there any other option?

electronmagic

Joined May 28, 2011
actually i made a circuit to control two switches.these switches are controlling two other different circuits,in a way that when one is off other should be on and vice versa.for that to make on and off i attached a motor.the motor runs with the power taken from my mobile phone.i kept the swiches near sides of rotating shaft and when it rotates it presses one and it makes on and other makes off.so now i need to replace the motor with other components such as transistors or any?which one will be suitable ?

i hope now the idea is clear for you !!

Pencil

Joined Dec 8, 2009
OP made a Mechanical Astable
Thats what I thought also :D.
Although very creative.

Now to the OP's question:

How long should each of the two circuits be on?

Should there be a gap between when one is off before
the next one comes on or should one come on as soon
as the other goes off?

How fast should the 2 circuits switch?

What sort of power do you have to run the circuits?

Can you post a basic schematic or some other type of
drawing of your idea?

What type of electronic parts do you have access to?

electronmagic

Joined May 28, 2011
when i turned on motor 12 v dc,then one switch remain in off and other to turn on.when i again(not a fixed time )make on motor it should turn on other switch and this switch should go to off.motor working based on other circuits.no i just want motor to replace,to make my circuit more compact..

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
To make an Astable, u should tell us the on period (duration in seconds) of each switch and the off period between them.
i.e the time taken when the two switches are off.

Or tell us if there is any off time.
i.e one shud switch immediately after the other. But this state ain't good to drive motors, as you should give time for the motor to halt before reversing. ( for large ones atleast )

Pencil

Joined Dec 8, 2009
when i turned on motor 12 v dc,then one switch remain in off and other to turn on.when i again(not a fixed time )make on motor it should turn on other switch and this switch should go to off.
This description sounds like a "Bi-stable flip flop".

Here is a description of how a bistable works.

1. "Master circuit" turns ON.
2. Circuit #1 turns ON, Circuit #2 turns OFF
3. "Master circuit" turns OFF.
4. Pause for "not a fixed time".
5. "Master circuit" turns ON.
6. Circuit #1 turns OFF, Circuit #2 turns ON
7. "Master circuit" turns OFF
8. Pause for "not a fixed time".
9. Repeat beginning at step 1.

Does this sound like what you want?

electronmagic

Joined May 28, 2011
not exactly
my circuits contain 3 other circuits...
the motor and switches comes in 2nd circuit...
in first another circuit ,when it works some dc produced ,that i given to 2nd circuit (which is motor attached two switches),that starts motor to work.

from motor one switch to operate other third circuit,one simply to off 1st circuit ,in addition to on the 3rd circuit ,that switch also closes first circuit to stop(ie both the switches stops working of 1st circuit)

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
Please try to make some kind of drawing (schematic) of your project, and post it here.

This may help us to understand what you are trying to do.