High precision uRLC tweezers.

andrewmm

Joined Feb 25, 2011

rsjsouza

Joined Apr 21, 2014
I don’t know of such capacitors.
Here are some photos from the developer.
Film capacitor 10nF 0.5%.
Capacitor 1.5pF.
What @andrewmm is alluding is the resolution displayed in your second photo: the 0.001 resolution shown would be very innacurate to the point of being useless and severely impacted by the test clips. After all, measuring fractions of picofarads with accuracy usually require a very high frequency that is highly susceptible to the large leads and clips.

Despite this, the tweezers look quite nice.

bob2

Joined Jun 15, 2019
After all, measuring fractions of picofarads with accuracy usually require a very high frequency that is highly susceptible to the large leads and clips.
Look in the technical specifications of the LCR Pro1 tweezers for measuring the capacitance of capacitors. For measuring picofarads, a frequency of 10 kHz is mainly used, in rare cases 100 kHz.

Attachments

bob2

Joined Jun 15, 2019
Basic measurements are resistors. Tweezers measure resistors very well over a wide range.
Precision resistors 0.03-0.05%.
Here are some more photos of measuring different precision resistors.

Attachments

rsjsouza

Joined Apr 21, 2014
Look in the technical specifications of the LCR Pro1 tweezers for measuring the capacitance of capacitors. For measuring picofarads, a frequency of 10 kHz is mainly used, in rare cases 100 kHz.
I personally only believe if there is a calibration report, as anybody can claim anything.
0.001pF is one femtofarad which, according to a few articles on the internet, is not as easy to measure reliably and repetitively. One of them is here:
https://www.pa4tim.nl/?p=2929

bob2

Joined Jun 15, 2019
0.001pF is the capabilities of the measuring system, but in practice no one measures such capacitance. In any case, I have not seen it anywhere. But measuring 0.1-1pF is no problem, I have already shown in another topic.
It is better to check the capabilities of the measuring system by measuring small inductances at high frequencies.
200kHz. Measurement of a piece of wire.

Attachments

Last edited:

bob2

Joined Jun 15, 2019
The uRLC tweezers, as we have seen, measure precision resistors over a wide range with very good accuracy.
Here is another measurement of 1 Ohm and 10 Ohm 1% resistors.
Now, measure a 10kΩ 0.05% precision resistor with uRLC and LCR Pro1 Plus tweezers.

Attachments

bob2

Joined Jun 15, 2019
In my opinion, it turned out to be a wonderful tweezers with excellent technical characteristics, priced at $ 40 (Chinese version.)
The build and setup process is very well documented here.
https://oldgerman.github.io/845419ff/
1pF.jpg
Precision resistor 0603 10kOhm 0.1%.

Attachments

Last edited: