high frequency sine to square converter

Thread Starter

ayeaac

Joined Aug 13, 2013
1
i need a design for a sine to square converter for a high frequency of 50MHz using discrete components. please inform if you know. thank you.
 

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
18,168
Transistor comparator.

But you need high speed (i.e.. 500MHz) operation to get good squaring of a 50MHz signal. That sort of frequency requires great attention to RF design. Compactness, short traces, etc.
 

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
804
A pair of fast Shottky diodes would square it off. Some of them go down to .1ns Trr.
I've been meaning to ask this question for some time .
Do you mean a diode clamp circuit in which a shottky is put between the base and collector to prevent the transistor to go into heavy saturation therefore increasing speed and in this case the square wave "squareness"?

I first heard about it in some post by RonH
 
No...

I think that #12 is talking about a back-to-back pair of shottky diodes between output and groung and a 50 ohm (or so) resistor between input and output.
 
Top