HID Headlights DRL Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmackie

Joined Jan 10, 2014
Hi,
I am looking for a way to stop 9 volts but allow 12 volts in the same L33 circuit wire?

I have a Jeep Patriot 2011, the 9 volts comes from a circuit board and goes straight to the high beam, which is a reduced dimmed light for the DRLs (Daytime Running Lights), when the high beam is activated it puts 12 volts in the same L33 circuit shown in the diagram; the low beam is activated by a separate circuit board.

The HID harness is plugged into the connector going to the headlights and has a solenoid in the HID projector that operates the high beam with the reduced 9 volts; when the car is put in drive the high beams (DRLs) come on, which even during the daytime are blinding for other drivers.

What I am looking for is some way to restrict the 9 volts going directly to the high beam wire (L33 white/pink, which operates the HID harness solenoid turning on the high beams) and effectively turn off the DRLs, but allow 12 volts if I need to use high beams.

If I could stop the 9 volts and allow 12 volts I would then add a relay using the 9 volts and turn on my fogs, which would replace the DRLs.

Thanks.

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

bertus