hi I'm new need some advice on my proposed RC plane project:)

jhave_21

Joined Sep 14, 2017
hi I'm new in the group
I proposed a project to myself ,basically this project is an RC plane :) and I've been planning out on what type or the characteristics of the plane and I think I know what I want, some features of it is that, it can send out live video that the camera gathered and and can send out data about the position of the plane.
I'm not totally a beginner in electronics but still need some advice,on stuff like what theories do I need to learn,or what kind of system I need to learn or if you have some links on making an DIY rc planes like this.. please help me ....

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
That is no mean project, the Parrot drones have two camera's, front and down ,and are flown by a Ipad or Iphone, the video can be both viewed and/or saved, they also have the GPS model that will fly to co-ordinates.
Max.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
hi I'm new in the group
I proposed a project to myself ,basically this project is an RC plane :) and I've been planning out on what type or the characteristics of the plane and I think I know what I want, some features of it is that, it can send out live video that the camera gathered and and can send out data about the position of the plane.
I'm not totally a beginner in electronics but still need some advice,on stuff like what theories do I need to learn,or what kind of system I need to learn or if you have some links on making an DIY rc planes like this.. please help me ....
I think you should visit the local RC plane field and meet the folks there and see what they are flying. Just about everything you could imagine doing is already commercially available in kits, much of it for years. Once you know what's already out there, then you can decide what to buy and what to build, what to customize, and so on. Are you sure you want a plane? The hot thing these days are quadcopters.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
That is what the Parrot drone is.
Quite slick to fly.
Basic version https://www.amazon.ca/Parrot-AR-Dro...qid=1505405634&sr=8-2&keywords=parrot+drone+2
Max.
The ones that entice me are the "follow me" drones that you can program to follow and film you as you, bike, ski, kayak, whatever. You can even have them do slow pans around you to capture yourself from multiple angles as you move along. The ultimate narcissist toy!

The first one I saw was the Lily but there are many others.