Hi, I'm looking for partners to learn conversational English ..

Blackbird

Joined Jul 25, 2012
Hi, I'm an electronics engineer from Russia, I have a feeling that the talk I will soon need English - but let's say he did nothing. I mean to read PDF special knowledge of English is not necessary to know which bits to put on any case and this without any problems. But here is to talk with such knowledge can not think.
So I am looking for native speakers with whom would have been a topic of conversation such as electronics and other technical topics and more. For example, I am also a radio amateur and I love to listen to the music of the 1960s. :D
I like to talk through Skype. However, if you will want to consider that when we have day on another continent the night. So the run time with the U.S. for example is 12 hours. In a weekday, I can only speak in the evening so your partner should be a time in the morning. What can you do that's life .. On weekends and at night I can then have your day ..:)
By the way the date in the U.S., too, for 24 hours behind Russia has turned out well, so .. And my English is not so good - thanks to Google translator for assistance in writing this nonsense ..;)

Blackbird

Joined Jul 25, 2012
What sort of 1960s music do you like?
Hm...well, for example
Jefferson Airpalne
Jimmi Hendrix
the Animals
Yardbirds
the Doors
Creedence clearwater revival
the Sunshine company
Seekers

this is the first thing that came to mind
though I do not always know the content of their texts :)

Blackbird

Joined Jul 25, 2012
Do you listen to them on casettes, or CDs? Have you ever built a player or amplifier?
Hm torrents save my life ...:)
Although cassettes and tape reels I have a couple of tape recorders as well ... that spring has come to America unit with an 8 track cartridge. But write to them unless you can from your computer - and only the second in a computer ... And do not forget a couple of years ago, bought a cheap pair of 1960s in particular, vinyl disc mamas & papas 1968 ..
When I was a student made ​​tube amp - and then a tube guitar combo but not so long ago, gave a power combo sold. While still going to make another tube amp. In the meantime, I have two computers connected to the terrible homemade unit to enhance the sound on 4 speakers - but those that were before were even scarier ..
In general, if you listen to strange music of the 1960s and have not heard of any of these names ..

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
If your interested contact my friend Jacob P. H. at the Wall Street Institute in S. Korea. He teaches english there and might have more recourses about doing it. Just email him on the site and he'll get back to you.Just tell him a Tampa friend reccomended him.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
If you want, you can PM me. I am from St. Petersburg, been in Canada for a while now, most people think I am from Quebec. I'd like to learn russian terminology for electronics ;)

Sparky, are you asking about Baikal?

Blackbird

Joined Jul 25, 2012
If you want, you can PM me.
What is mean pm?
I am from St. Petersburg
Are you Russian? I dont understand where your St Petersburg in Russia or in America?
Sparky, are you asking about Baikal?
Well, maybe it's Lake Baikal but to him from me to go and ride at half the distance from me to Moscow. Expensive is a pleasure for the money to go there for fun. Therefore, never been there.
If your interested contact my friend Jacob P. H. at the Wall Street Institute in S. Korea. He teaches english there and might have more recourses about doing it. Just email him on the site and he'll get back to you.Just tell him a Tampa friend reccomended him.
Thanks for the info. But the fact that the English raped my brain from school. Severe but almost in vain. Apparently this is not my method. I remember one case where a Russian was in America at the conference and he had to talk with the participants. With fright he remembered all the English words that he was taught the only way I learned to speak.
That's why I'm writing that to learn colloquial English to me I need to speak with native speakers - and most importantly to have something to say then it will be an incentive. Not the weather is always to shoot the breeze. That is if I'm an electronics and electronics need to find which is something to talk about ..

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Yes, I am russian. There is St. Petersburg in Florida, but I am from the real one, former Leningrad that is. My english, of course is pretty good as I went to high school and university here.

I also know what you mention about trying to learn english in school as I did go through a bit of that back in russia in grades 7 and 8. Not fun.

PM means sending a personal message. You should have access to my e-mail if you check my profile.

Baikal is far away from Novosibirsk, but Sparky was asking about a large lake to the east of you. I can only think of that one. I personally have never been outside of the Baltic area. Shooting the breeze is fun - music, art, travel, books, history, electronics, just not politics...

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Yes, English can be a brain rapist. My wife is not a native english speaker, and I help her improve her english skills. Some of the things that she says incorrectly, actually make more sense the way she says them than the way that is proper. I notice this also when I try to study a different language. When I translate something directly, in the new language it doesn't make sense. Then I consider if it really makes sense in English, and it does not. But we say it anyway, and it is universally understood, and nobody questions it.