Hi, I need to use a resistive touch screen (4 wire) in my project but I don't know how to connect th

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hi, I need to use a resistive touch screen (4 wire) in my project but I don't know how to connect that with arduino.

Screen Model: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/nkk-switches/FTAS00-104AS4/360-3037-ND/4508087

Thank you.

What don't you understand after reading the datasheet?

https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data Sheets/NKK PDFs/FT Touch Screens Brochure.pdf

Ask specific questions. We don't know what you know and what you don't know and I have no way to "learn you" from scratch.

josueddd

Joined Sep 2, 2017
Sorry for the misleading information. I was asked to do a circuit schematic with this screen before I can start testing it with arduino. My problem is that I don't know how you can connect this pcb cable directly to an arduino. If so, where (digital, analog, 5v, gnd) goes the cable?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Sorry for the misleading information. I was asked to do a circuit schematic with this screen before I can start testing it with arduino. My problem is that I don't know how you can connect this pcb cable directly to an arduino. If so, where (digital, analog, 5v, gnd) goes the cable?
Read the datasheet, they sell an interface board that the cable will plug into.

josueddd

Joined Sep 2, 2017
Thank you for your help. I was wondering if I could connect the 4 wire to the analog inputs from arduino and measure them directly from there?

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Some time ago I considered doing this with a PIC microcontroller.

The scheme I had in mind was to drive the touch X pins with 2 output port pins and read one of the Y pins with an A/D input. I would then drive the Y pins and read an X pin. This requires that the port pins be switchable from digital to drive the touch screen to analog inputs to read the port pins. It would take the fewest pins if one ofthe A/D inputs shared one of the drive pins on each of the X and Y pairs.

For the touch screens I was looking at the PIC output ports could not deliver enough current to drive the low resistance of the touch screen. Because of this I never pursued the project beyond the thinking stage.