Hi guys!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Couldn't sleep. I miss my pillow :(. She is far a way.

I was thinking tht what would it take me to find someone or place where I can go just take a week off with my darling.

U know like those Hollywood films I see. I like to learn to ride a horse. U know. It's always had fascinated me seeing someone riding a horse going 80m/hr.

Umm! how fast can a horse really run ?

Tell me, which of u guys has a ranch? Am I saying this correct?
I would love to spent sometime on those kinda isolated areas.
I can only imagine how it feels to ride a horse on huge space, just let yourself go and feel the wind.

What would it take me to get my lazy bum off this chair and find my self in beautiful, friendly horse riding people village or village kinda, I dunno, what u call em west..:confused:.

The idea struck me while I was watching cowboys and aliens.

Tell me. what would it cost me?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Tell me. what would it cost me?
Well I don't know, do you have horses in the maldives? If so, you know the answer better than I do. If not, you would have to get to the nearest country where people ride horses. Not knowing your location that well, I tend to think it would be cheaper for you to find yourself riding a camel across large expanses of sand, than a horse ;).

If you can make it to Texas, I can get you on a horse for free.

BTW horses don't go 80mph. Not even genetically engineered ones. Maybe 35mph tops.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Rifaa,

Look up "dude ranches" places where you can go to learn to ride a horse. New Zealand has a lot of cowboys, there might be some there. That would probably be closer for you.

Most people that ride do not go very fast. It is dangerous and probably not good for the horse.

There is a place to ride very near my house if you want to come visit. No cowboys just a lot of people that come from the city to ride.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
A grizzly bear can out run a horse at full gallop over a short distance. That is why it is best not to run from a griz. You will just die tired. :)
They can outrun a horse, climb a tree, rip the door off a car, and get shot by most common small arms calibers and keep coming. They will get you if they want you. Pretty scary beasts. I hope I never meet one, but if I do, I hope I have a 44 magnum or better.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I am planning to visit a grizzly sanctuary sometime in the near future as I am moving near to one.

A quarter horse is bred for sprinting and can exceed 40 mph thus outrunning a bear.

From Maldives I would go to Mongolia, they have the best horses (for my taste) and best riders, but it is not western style at all. That is on my "to do before I die" list.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Pretty scary beasts. I hope I never meet one, but if I do, I hope I have a 44 magnum or better.
Once upon a time, I was going into bear country, so I looked up shooting power. Any shotgun, even a .410, has more stopping power than a .44 Mag. If you're serious about surviving a bear, bring a long gun.

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Once upon a time, I was going into bear country, so I looked up shooting power. Any shotgun, even a .410, has more stopping power than a .44 Mag. If you're serious about surviving a bear, bring a long gun.
Nope... I want something belt fed..:D

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Here's a pic of me with a bear. Not a grizzly, but still pretty cool. Smelled like fish and poo. This was at a zoo in Alberta, with a live bear show. They had a performing grizzly, but he wasn't in the lineup for photoshoots. Please excuse the hippie hair. This was only months after I got out of the Navy and I was still in "I can grow my hair however long I f*ing want now" mode.

True. But there exists a group of people (fools IMO) who insist on hunting bear with handguns and dogs. I'm not sure if hunting grizzlies is legal or not, but I wouldn't do it regardless. Also, hikers and bikers don't usually carry rifles that I'm aware of, so a very powerful handgun is better than nothing. I had a 10mm Glock 29 that, when used with hot loaded rounds, was supposed to be a bear dropper, and would fit in a pants pocket. I got rid of that, as it wasn't much fun to shoot, and not great for home defense, as it might go through a few walls before stopping. I opted for a 45ACP.

Attachments

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Back into the saddle again, I owned 2 horses...riding a horse

Is like riding a bike, you never forget. Each horse is different .

You have to know the horses ways before you try speed,

there are natural things that will spook a horse , a color

will spook a horse. You also need a vet, Giddy up.

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
aah so ..all those fancy stuff is just plain old stunts.

But u know they are some awesome creatures.

We don't have anything here. This place isn't even worth living. In the less developed islands it's far better living environment. You will get a piece of mind.

I think I will buy a jet ski and take a vacation off in the north.