Hey look what the cat drag in

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Yesterday my cat decide to bring home some food. A big fat mouse. I did not quite rely on me. So I had to chase it some in order to get hold the mouse. But i finally managed to grab it with a fireplace plier. And get it out. The cat was given some of its favorite food as replacement. And was happy with that

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Mice are good food, you should have let the cat eat it. :)

Unless you think the mouse was poisoned by a neighbour's baits etc.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
If you want to try one, probably best to go to a pet shop that sells reptiles. They will have nice, clean, captive bred mice and rats in the freezer.
I've got some but I'm not trying one, my snake likes them.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
HAHHAHAHAHA I had a outdoor cat when I was a kid and was shooting dove in my backyard tree's. I nailed one and it droped like a heli with no rotor. I took 1 step to grab it and my F'n cat comes flying out the garage window and snatched it and ran off. Good cat though, she always left us squirles on the steps. Which is cool because in an emergency thats real food.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Mice are good food, you should have let the cat eat it. :)

Unless you think the mouse was poisoned by a neighbour's baits etc.
Nah mice are full of tapeworms. That is the problem not poison. But cats are cats. So I did not yell at the cat or anything else that make it feel bad or unsecure. Just some nice words, some petting and good food. It least it was kind of dead this time. I hate it then I get some kind of animal that is still alive and kicking and as a "gift" dropped on the carpet:eek:

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
haha, reminds me of one day when i walked out the door on the way to school, there was literally 7 dead mice on the sidewalk
plenty of squirrels and moles and stuff show up on occasion too
what sucks is the cats will eat most of them, then just leave one or 2 organs laying on the sidewalk :p
needless to say, our cats do their job, and we've never had a mouse problem

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Something more than 50 years ago my grandfather gave me roast squirrel meat. Tastes like pot roast (beef). Good, rich, beef flavor (but not at all fatty).

Haven't tried mice...

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Something more than 50 years ago my grandfather gave me roast squirrel meat. Tastes like pot roast (beef). Good, rich, beef flavor (but not at all fatty).

Haven't tried mice...
If you skin a small squirrel and a large rat, it's very difficult to tell the difference by looking. Cook them both and you can't tell the difference by tasting.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
haha, reminds me of one day when i walked out the door on the way to school, there was literally 7 dead mice on the sidewalk
plenty of squirrels and moles and stuff show up on occasion too
what sucks is the cats will eat most of them, then just leave one or 2 organs laying on the sidewalk :p
needless to say, our cats do their job, and we've never had a mouse problem
Most cats seem to know not to eat the intestines, or bladder, even if they are hungry. If they're not hungry, they will leave it all.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I did not yell at the cat or anything else that make it feel bad or unsecure. Just some nice words, some petting and good food.
Phew, good. Nothing worse than an insecure cat in the house, pouring out it's awkward feline emotions on everybody and constantly doing bad things for the negative attention that it so craves.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Phew, good. Nothing worse than an insecure cat in the house, pouring out it's awkward feline emotions on everybody and constantly doing bad things for the negative attention that it so craves.
Yeah but if I had to choose one day. Between a grumphy Strantor or the dysfunctional attention demanding cat. I still would choose to have the dysfunctional cat in my house:rolleyes:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Anyone have one of those mean azz cats that lures you in then attacks you? My bro's cats like that. Things about 4 beers short of a 6 pack.., but after a while she grows on you. Just you gotta let her approach you and she'll sleep with you, but if you pet her the wrong way, its back to bleeding.