Helpful Tools

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
This is naught more than a Rat Shack AA holder, and clips jumped into the 9v adapter...

I cobbled this up, when working on my car, and not able to afford a new set of fuel injectors...
I used this to latch the injectors open, to be backflushed with lacquer thinner.

Worked like a charm...

Attachments

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
A 10X "probe" for measuring household loads with an amp clamp.

A couple of years ago I cut several of these cord heads off of plug-in float switches meant to be used with sump pumps. Instead of switching pumps, I used the float switches as PLC inputs, and I kept the plug heads thinking they might come in handy some day. The day came yesterday, and I didn't even use it to switch a load like I imagined.

Attachments

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Breadboarding the same things again and again is no fun.

1) Assembled to match transistors. My best approach to ATE. :p

2) To see the output of a whole port.

3) Different combinations of LEDs used in debugging.

4) Two 8-bit R2R networks. Once used in series, going up to 16 bits. Looked linear in the scope over the whole range.

5) From the datasheet (PICs): circuit for reset at startup. Added a pushbutton to reset the micro without recycling power.

Hellow Kitty, through one of my daughters supplied this useful toy (cannot recall what it was part of) used to hold tweezers and keep breadboard jumpers more or less classified.

After more than 25 years, she does not know about...:eek:

Attachments

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I had a couple of old multimeters where I drilled and insterted a couple of bolts into the plastic case, then wired to the terminals internally. That allowed a resistor or diode to be pressed onto the bolt heads for rapid parts sorting.

The diode one (analogue moving needle meter) I ended up making into a zener tester, using the 50v and 250v DC ranges. It could get tingly on the 250v DC setting, even though limited to 0.5mA... ;)

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
My zener tester is a 6000vdc power supply from an air cleaner I believe.

It's internally limited to 2ma.

Works as diode piv tester too.