helpCan you help me out in my project, I am looking for a solution to automatic detection of leakage

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You're not giving us much to go on. Why don't you tell us what the solution might look like. Why do you think that nobody makes such a device? You might start by telling us what is in the pipes. Are we talking community water or hazmat refinery?

Sir_Pratik

Joined Apr 12, 2015
I am talking about the community water pipes, n I there are many solution for that but I want some solution for device which can be locally used so it must be cheaper

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Unless you can know that there is a period of time when no water is being used, then it is going to be difficult to separate flow caused by real usage from flow caused by leaks.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I am talking about the community water pipes, n I there are many solution for that but I want some solution for device which can be locally used so it must be cheaper
I need to design a device that supplies cheap energy. Can you help me?

That questions is just as ridiculous as yours. If you want help, you are going to have to put in a LOT more effort than you have done so far.

Sir_Pratik

Joined Apr 12, 2015
I'm working on a project that can be use in water pipes, that device emits the laser in all the direction and collect response and by the graphical result i'll collect the result which will show the leakage in outer part of that pipe so is it possible by a laser??

ak52

Joined Oct 15, 2014
This vaguely reminds me of TIR(Total internal reflection),for the "device" to emit laser ,should the device actually be inside the pipe?

AK

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The physics of this proposition escapes me. How is a laser inside a pipe supposed to detect leakage? What happens if the pipe makes a 90° turn?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Like Papabravo, I don't see how this is supposed to work :confused:.
How big is this thing relative to the pipe? Won't it block the flow?
How will you get power to it and signals from it?
How will you get it into the pipe and extract it, without losing water?
Is the pipe plastic or metal (metal would block attempted RF communication from outside)?

It's already starting to look far from cheap :(.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Who came up with this idea? Have you seen something remotely like it? I don't see how your idea has any possible practical realization. Never mind being cheap.