HELP______BMP to HEX______HELP

rougie

Joined Dec 11, 2006
Hello,

I would like to take a bitmap PAINT file and convert it to its hex equivalent. I would then take these hex values and put them on a table in my cpu and programmatically load these values from my cpu to my TFT color LCD screen. My LCD has the color capability of 16 bits per pixel (5 bits for Red, 6 bits for green, and 5 bits for Blue) and it is 176 pixels across by 132 vertically. So I would need some utility to convert a BMP file to 16bit per pixel format. So for example, the first pixel of a bmp file would be converted to say, 4Ah and the second say, 22h and so forth until the last pixel.

Would anyone have an idea of where can get a utility like this. I have been looking on the Internet all day and I have found some utilities that do black and white. I would be nice if there is a simple to use software that can convert bmp files and also has fonts internally available!

All sugestions a re sincerely appreciated!

Rob

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
I don't think there is a converter to 5-6-5 RGB. As far as I know 16bpp bitmaps are 5-5-5 RGB with 1 bit alpha. Anyway, if you want, you can code your own converter. Bitmap file format is very simple, and colour conversion is not that hard either. Try searching for bitmap file format and colour conversion.

rougie

Joined Dec 11, 2006
THANKS FOR YOUR POST:

However I did my own convertor!

However, the link you gave me, it doesn't say that it can convert files to 565 format. Mayby I am wrong!

Get back if you are still there! :)

Robert