HELP

renegadegas

Joined Dec 2, 2012
Hi everyone,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a reliable electronics tutor
as i need one to one help on an assignments. College year 1 stuff. (HNC)

Your help is deeply appreciated.

Thank you.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Hi everyone,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a reliable electronics tutor
as i need one to one help on an assignments. College year 1 stuff. (HNC)

Your help is deeply appreciated.

Thank you.
Considering this is an international site, a tutor I know would likely cost you the price of a plane ticket, room and board, and food during your tutoring sessions.

If, however, you are willing to work it out yourself, the book on this site is a pretty good supplement to learning these things...

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Why don't you ask your questions one at a time?
There are lost of folks here who are begging to answer your questions.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
I agree with Mr Chips.

You could ask your questions for free here, or waste time finding someone who will try to answer them, but will charge you obscene amounts of money to do so.

Sparky

renegadegas

Joined Dec 2, 2012
I am totally new to electronics and i dont wonna look too daft which is why i wonna have someone personal i can communicate with. Im currently juggling full time work with college and im on the verge of dropin out. Im lagging behind the class. iv only just got my head around truth tables and begining to understand the kanaugh maps.

I dont mind spending a few pounds for guidance as about 16 hours of my day is taken up by work.

Thanks

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
The articles on this site are quite helpful, while they don't give you much depth, they do a good job of explaining complex ideas...

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I am totally new to electronics and i dont wonna look too daft which is why i wonna have someone personal i can communicate with. Im currently juggling full time work with college and im on the verge of dropin out. Im lagging behind the class. iv only just got my head around truth tables and begining to understand the kanaugh maps.

I dont mind spending a few pounds for guidance as about 16 hours of my day is taken up by work.

Thanks
Don't worry about looking too daft -- we don't care and we have all been there (and continue to be there from time to time). If you will ask your questions and show your efforts (no matter how "bad" they might be) you will find people here willing to put in lots of time and effort to help you -- as long as you keep showing a willingness to put in effort, too.

But you are highly unlikely to find someone via this site that can meet with you in person. There are a few hundred really active participants on this site and they are spread out literally all over the world. The chance that any of them even know someone within a reasonable distance of you (and, keep in mind that we have no idea where you are!) is remote.

Have you checked with your college and your department? There are usually upper level undergraduates (or grad students) that are willing to tutor students for reasonable rates (or even for free as part of service work for the school or a student organization).

Austin Clark

Joined Dec 28, 2011

Thanks
k-Maps and truth tables eh? Sounds more like computer engineering than electronics. If you're needing help with computer engineering stuff, I'd be happy to help (as would everyone else here, I'm sure). I'm decent at electronics, but I find computer science a lot funner :)

renegadegas

Joined Dec 2, 2012
im not really looking to meet someone but i thought the guidance im looking for could be done using the computer by emailing. and im willing to pay a token towards it.

Iv been asked to design a circuit for a lift with frontdoor opens on floors 0,1,3,8 and 9 and backdoor that opens on floors 2,4,5,6,7.

It also says if a 4 bit binary number is used to identify each floor, determine the minimal logic to open, @ the correct floor. Produce Truth tables determine the Boolean equation and simplify using boolean Algera or Karnaugh maps. (use A for msb and D for lsb.)

Use AND OR NOT gates for your design.

Test circuits using simulation software such as multisim and comparfe theoretical results.

i know some of the stuff i need like the logic gates and karnaugh maps but i dont even know where to start.

Thanks for looking