help!

danish raza

Joined Jan 10, 2011
hy every one,
i had made an inverter the problem is that at the output of transformer the voltage is 160 to 170v but i required 220v..i want to stepp up from 12 v to 220v using center tapped transformer but it does not happening i am receiving only 160 to 170 v kindly guide me and i am using the battery of 12v and 9A?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
"help!" for a subject line does not say anything about what you are trying to do; this poor choice for a subject line will limit your responses.

500 Watts at 220V is 2.273 Amperes at 220v, and if the inverter is ~85% efficient, 49 Amperes at 12v. The MOSFETs are only rated for 50 Amperes, so they are not adequate for the design's claims; if you used the specified MOSFETs, they would require VERY large heat sinks.

A 9AH battery would not last long at all with a 500W load; maybe a few minutes if you are lucky.

You cannot "breadboard" this circuit; there is just too much power involved, especially on the primary side of the transformer.

You would be much better off to simply purchase a commercially built power inverter. "Modified sine wave" inverters are not suitable for anything but resistive loads (such as lamps, heaters, etc) which is really a waste of battery power. You would be much better off to use LED lighting in case your mains power goes off.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Is the turns ratio of your actual transformer the same as that in the schematic?
10-0-10???
The primary is supposed to be 10v-0v-10v, and the secondary 240v-0v-240v.

Another fault of this inverter design is that there is no regulation on the secondary side.