Originally posted by Buzzed_Out@Jan 15 2006, 12:44 PM
[attachmentid=1113]Hello does anybody know what this is called? And where I can find one please
[post=13140]Quoted post[/post]​
that is buses we can find it in c.p.u

Thread Starter


Joined Jan 15, 2006
Originally posted by krish_santhu@Jan 15 2006, 08:10 PM
that is buses we can find it in c.p.u
[post=13143]Quoted post[/post]​
What is buses? It is out of my Car DVD player it connects the face plate to the main unit any Idea where to find this part and what do I ask for?


Joined Dec 10, 2005
Yes, it's a flat ribbon cable.

I had one of those go out in a CD player I had. Finding a replacement, unless you can get one from the manufacturer, is a hopeless idea. They seem to be made just to be used in whatever they're in, every single one of them is different.

I just replaced it by desoldering the connector from each board and replacing it with a bunch of tracer wire. Here's a picture:


This worked for quite some time. However, the hot glue cracked, which allowed the solder joints to be stressed (the cable went to a moving part), and they eventally failed. Perhaps silicone would have been the thing to use.