Help with this project

j45

Joined Mar 15, 2009
I would like some help from you experts out there.

simple project I want to make :

When I apply 9-13.5 VDC to input 1, I get a output A. When I apply 9-13.5VDC to input 2 I get Output A+B .
Using FETs . Output switching need to handle 5-7 Amps is this possable ?

I could use relays but this would make the unit too big .

Please can anyone help

Deleted email to foil spambots - and we prefer to render assistance in the public forum

Last edited by a moderator:

j45

Joined Mar 15, 2009
Hi

The output is from the FET's ( 5- 7 Amps 9-13.5 VDC ) When on input 2 a voltage (9-13.5VDC) is applyed the FET is switched ON (ie output A) handling 5-7amps . When on input 2 a voltage (9-13.5VDC) is applyed the FET is switched ON ( ie on both output A and B ) also able to handle 5-7amps.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The voltage requirement for a FET is 10 volts on the gate relative to the source for full conduction. With no more idea of the circuit, that's about all that can be said. The gate voltage should be 10 - 18 volts.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That is a wiring diagram. The relay common and N/O & N/C contacts are not indicated. A schematic would be very helpful.

Otherwise, if the FET gates can be maintained 10 volts above the source, and those relays are being used as SPST, then yes, they can be used in place of the relays.

j45

Joined Mar 15, 2009
Relay coil + no 86 - no 85 . relay contact n/o no 87 and 30. Where no 87 has + input and 30 + output.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
If the source pin is at ground and the load is in the drain circuit, it should work. Place a small resistor in series with the gate - baout 22 to 47 ohms. If the drive simply opens up when the FET should be off, place a 470 omm resistor to ground at the gate to insure it turns off.

This may sound vague, but I have no idea of the nature of the load or the circuit away from the relays.