Help with this project circuit board! im new!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Today's work...

I mentioned it earlier, but I'm going to breadboard a simplified version to make sure it works as advertised.

I'm also going to post some tips on how to do this before I finish.

Attachments

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
OK, basically finished. A couple of notes though.

There is a right way and a wrong way to mount parts. If you don't allow strain relief, or if you don't allow room for the component to move, it can break. In a car circuit this is especially important due to the wide temperature variation. I drew this reference to show what I'm talking about.

I picked the two most likely components you might make a mistake on.

I have 2 bottom views, the first, wire leads and bare wires, is pretty much what it sounds like. Most of the interconnections can be make simply by folding the leads over to their neighbors. In some cases you will need longer wires. You can still use the wire leads, assuming there are enough of them, by soldering them down end to end.

The insulated wires are those wires that have to jump across other wires, so need their insulation. When soldering them don't let them touch the bare wires, as the heat from the soldering can melt the insulation and allow them to short. Instead, create some slight distance, the insulation will harden after it cools.

Since I'm not totally trusting of this design I will be building a simplified version (as I have said earlier). I'll also ask a couple of guys to do a check on my work.

Windows XP does a nice job of printing images with its Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (WPFV). Save this image as a file on your disk, then open it up. Since the default should be the WPFV that is how it will pop up, just use the natural print settings.

Good luck, and feel free to ask questions.

Attachments