Help with this Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheheryar_noor

Joined May 22, 2010
Hi people
Someone gave me this project to do it i am not related to Electronics but i did my best to do it
Here is the video which i made
Rich (BB code):
http://rapidshare.com/files/390247187/CaptureWiz005.wmv
Here is the Project

Rich (BB code):
www.stanford.edu/class/ee122/Spice_Decks/pspicedemo.pdf
I did everything the only thing which i dont understand is "Now, plot the same data using dB for the y-axis."

The person wants the graph opposite of the one which i made in video what should i do in the circuit to change the graph like this

Graph like this
Rich (BB code):
http://i46.tinypic.com/1oslm0.png

oidium45

Joined Apr 24, 2010
If you would like assistance, you may want to try re-posting your video on a more easily accessible site like youtube for example. And maybe re-posting your thread with a better explanation of what you are looking for. I would also recommend placing your thread in the "homework" forum. I know nothing about pspice otherwise I would help you out.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
You need to do a screen shot (alt + print screen) of your diagram on the spice.

Then open MS Paint and paste the screen shot. Then save the pic as a .png to upload to your posts.

I wasted my time downloading that movie as all I saw was you building the circuit, step by step.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hmmm actually Youtube is ban here and u dont need to sign up on rapidshare and dont need to sign in
i will upload pix
Don't know where you got that, I did it less than three days ago (my first), and a lot of other members haven't had problems with theirs. Just provide a link instead.

sheheryar_noor

Joined May 22, 2010
Ok here u go i uploaded it to Youtube

Hi everyone,I have posted my problem before but i didn't get solution coz my video was uploaded to rapidshare

So now here yall can see my video
Rich (BB code):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G82E2uDP2A
After seeing this video yall will see that the graph moves from top to bottom.
What shud i do to move the graph upward?

If anyone wanna see the tutorial in pdf format then see this link
Rich (BB code):
www.stanford.edu/class/ee122/Spice_Decks/pspicedemo.pdf
Or just type in google Pspice tutorial and u will see this link on top

Please somebody help me

Hope it will help yall to make u understand that what i want

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Your video showed you plotted it twice ... what is your specific problem?

The tutorial seems pretty clear.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Why not post it normally? Quotes or other mechanisms are not needed. Just put the text as part of the post like this, VB will do the rest (including making it clickable).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G82E2uDP2A

I looked at this link (after cutting and pasting it), I don't use the software, and have drawn all my schematics using MS Paint and PaintCAD, a set of template I offer on my blog. If it is a SPICE program I've never used that either, I use a calculator and my brains.

sheheryar_noor

Joined May 22, 2010
Joe my specific problem is that"i want to move the graph to upward "
If u have seen my video when i got done with everything then in the last when the graph shows it moves from top to down and i want the graph to move it upward.
What should i change in the circuit to move the graph to upward?

And Mr Bill if u haven't used Pspice i dont think so that it matters coz if u make a circuit in paintcad or pspice both will be same i think

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
From an email:
Ok but atleast u can guess what shud i do in the circuit to change the graph path?
I dont think so that software does matter coz if u will make the same circuit in Paintcad or TINA or Pspice they all will be same
Type in google"Pspice Tutorial"
Follow that tutorial and do it in ur software and then let me know if it works
Please
You still haven't identified your problem.

If you followed the directions in the tutorial, it would have been done ... and you have done it according to the video.

Do you have an idea of what the plot looks like?

Do you understand the -3dB point and where it is on that graph?

I am not going to attempt to read your mind. What specific part of the tutorial do you have a problem? Specifiy 2.3.1. third bullet, or whatever the problem really is.

The tutorial does not mention changing the circuit.

Do not email me again. All correspondence belongs in this thread.

Last edited:

sheheryar_noor

Joined May 22, 2010
Man i have done the tutorial which the pdf file tells me
But if u see after getting done with the project when u see the graph of Vout it is curved
Starts from top and goes to down
I wanna invert that graph
What should i add in the circuit so my graph can be invert(Graph of Vout)
And no i don't understand the 3db.Because i am not a student of electronics
Hope u get my problem now
And thanks for keep replying me

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Why do you want to invert that graph? It is suppose to look that way.

The 3 dB point is the flat line -3 dB or 3 dB .... as explained by the tutorial.

Why are you playing with pSpice if your not a student of electronics?

And update your profile location.

sheheryar_noor

Joined May 22, 2010
Because one of my friend told me to help him
He is in the hospital so i am trying to do his home work
And this is his assignment what should we change in the circuit to invert the graph?
Can u help me please

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
You do not need to invert the graph. As drawn, is the way it should be.

Since this is a homework problem, it should have been in the homework section. Since it is a homework problem, you need to state the problem as presented by the instructor or professor.

I can not believe any professor would ask for an inverted graph, but I could be wrong.

All you did was replicate what the tutorial stated, and that may or may not be what the professor wanted.

What makes you, or your friend, think the plot needs to be inverted?

sheheryar_noor

Joined May 22, 2010
The professor told him that when u get done with this project then you have to invert the graph of Vout
1st you have to make the graph what pdf shows then after that what should we do to invert the graph?

Status
Not open for further replies.