Help with the materials.

nickelhai

Joined Feb 1, 2011
due to unavailability of materials in our place, is there any alternative or substitute I can use with the following:

INA 118
ICM 7555
MXL 1179
MAX 4564

thanks.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
due to unavailability of materials in our place, is there any alternative or substitute I can use with the following:
INA118 - This is an instrumentation amplifier. Without knowing the application it's difficult to suggest what might work.
ICM7555 - This is an industry standard CMOS timer IC. TLC555 is a similar part. If you cannot find a 555 timer, you will have a very hard time finding anything else, as these are the most ubiquitous (plentiful; present everywhere) IC's on the planet.
MXL1179 - this is a quad micropower, precision op amp. There are LOTS of opamps on the market. Without knowing the application, it'll be difficult to suggest what you might use.
MAX4564 - is a low-voltage, dual-supply, single-pole/double-throw (SPDT) analog switch. You might use a CD4066B with an inverter to a 2nd channel to create such a switch, but if you can't find a 555....

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Where do you live? (we can suggest a source much better that way)
Like the Sgt said you really need to run this by your engineer or someone who is familiar with the design and can choose proper substitutes.

nickelhai

Joined Feb 1, 2011
thanks you sir for the very helpful info. i'm from Philippines. we are currently making our design but we can't move on due to lack of materials.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You are going to have to live with long lead times on orders. I sympathize, parts houses have been dying for years, if not decades, and it seems to be getting worse.

What kind of parts house do you folks have?

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010