Help with the following 2 questions and to explain how it works

Wjs

Joined Jan 27, 2014
Hi there i saw you guys did have a thread about these 2 questions but didnt finish it i am busy with a subject called foundations of computer science and cant seem to figure out how to do this please help

Question 1
Use only Boolean algebra to simplify the Boolean expression F. (First simplify F
1 and F2, then simplify
F1 · F2, showing all the steps. You need not provide the names of the Boolean rules that you apply.)
F1 = x + x'(yw)' + w'y
F2 = (y' + x')'

F(x, y, w) = F1 ⋅ F2.

Question 2
Use a
Karnaugh map to find the simplest form of
H(A, B, C, D) = m1 + m4 + m6 + m7 + m9 + m10 + m12 + m14.
Derive the terms of H directly from the Karnaugh map without making use of algebraic manipulations
or truth tables. Clearly show the groupings.
Use exactly the same order for the variables as given in the following diagram:
CB AD

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Hi there i saw you guys did have a thread about these 2 questions but didnt finish it i am busy with a subject called foundations of computer science and cant seem to figure out how to do this please help

Question 1
Use only Boolean algebra to simplify the Boolean expression F. (First simplify F
1 and F2, then simplify
F1 · F2, showing all the steps. You need not provide the names of the Boolean rules that you apply.)
F1 = x + x'(yw)' + w'y
F2 = (y' + x')'

F(x, y, w) = F1 ⋅ F2.

Question 2
Use a
Karnaugh map to find the simplest form of
H(A, B, C, D) = m1 + m4 + m6 + m7 + m9 + m10 + m12 + m14.
Derive the terms of H directly from the Karnaugh map without making use of algebraic manipulations
or truth tables. Clearly show the groupings.
Use exactly the same order for the variables as given in the following diagram:
CB AD
Question 1: Simplify F1. Then, simplify F2. Then, combine them and simplify that expression.

Post your work and we can help you where you may falter.

Question 2: m1 = A'B'C'D. Use this methodology to fill out a Karnaugh map, and minimize H. Note the rearrangement if the variables, so you will need to rearrange variables for your answer.

Again, post your work and we will try to help you.