help with Resonance circuit

ronybhai

Joined Sep 18, 2012
Can a resonance circuit serve as a filter? How?
I know it does but don't know much description, if someone can describe it in simple words...thanks

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Why don't you go back and at least attempt to answer some of the clarifying questions that have been asked of you in prior threads you've started where you are just asking someone to provide an answer to your homework questions?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

We are not an answering service.
You will have to show us what you have done.
That way we can see if you are understanding the theory.

Bertus

ronybhai

Joined Sep 18, 2012
Hello,

We are not an answering service.
You will have to show us what you have done.
That way we can see if you are understanding the theory.

Bertus
oo..sorry I didnt mean that...I was just trying to get help with the Resonance circuit.
I had lesson abt the high pass and low pass filter. And I wanted to find out Resonance is related to filter
I learned about filters can be passive and active on my class. Active filters are better because it works as amplifier also

ronybhai

Joined Sep 18, 2012
I was jsut trying to get help to understand better...like on my previous questions...I asked here,,,I received lot of responses and which helped me to understand the topic better...

ronybhai

Joined Sep 18, 2012
This is what I know on Resonance.
At Series Resonance, XL=XC, ZT=R
Resonance occurs at a specific frequency f0= 1/2π√ (LC)
At resonance frequency circuit shows filtering effects.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Did you read the chapter of the eBook I gave you.
There is all about resonance and filtering and the influence of the Q factor in there.

Bertus

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Q1) What is the equation for the capacitive reactance as a function of frequency?

Q2) What is the equation for the inductive reactance as a function of frequency?

Q3) At what frequency will the magnitude of the capacitive and inductive reactances be equal? This is the resonant frequency.

Q4) In a series R, L, C circuit, how do the resistance and the two reactances add?

Q5) What does this reduce to at the resonant frequency?

ronybhai

Joined Sep 18, 2012
Q1) What is the equation for the capacitive reactance as a function of frequency?

Q2) What is the equation for the inductive reactance as a function of frequency?

Q3) At what frequency will the magnitude of the capacitive and inductive reactances be equal? This is the resonant frequency.

Q4) In a series R, L, C circuit, how do the resistance and the two reactances add?

Q5) What does this reduce to at the resonant frequency?
1. XC=1/2pifc
2. XL=2pifL
3. when f0= 1/2π√ (LC)
4. ZT=√R^2+(XL-XC)^2
5.At resonance XL=XC and ZT=R

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So considering the answers to those questions, what's one observation you can make about the effect of being at the resonant frequency versus not being at that frequency in a series RLC circuit?

ronybhai

Joined Sep 18, 2012
So considering the answers to those questions, what's one observation you can make about the effect of being at the resonant frequency versus not being at that frequency in a series RLC circuit?
At the resonance frequency current of series ckt is at maximum and the gain is maximum also

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What is it with you?! Here you go asking us to just provide the answer to your homework again. You need to first show YOUR honest effort to work the problem and ask specific questions about the points you are having difficulty with. But it will have to be someone else that responds, because I'm done with you.