Help with Omron H3Y delay relay

testhead1313

Joined Jun 29, 2013
Hi All,

Apologies for posting a help needed as my first post. I come here often searching the threads for advice, but this one has me confused.

I am looking to control a pump for a fish tank filter. I have a microcontroller that will turn all of the pumps in the tank off for a certain period of time to allow for feeding. At the end of this period of time, the pumps turn back on and flow resumes. One of the pumps is connected to a filter that will overflow unless the start is delayed by ~10 seconds or so.

I purchased an Omron H3Y-2 delay timer that should allow for this, but I'm not sure I understand how to wire it. The H3Y is rated for 110V, so I would like to have this in line with the pump power cord. In effect, when the controller turns the pumps back on, I want this relay to delay the start of this pump by 10 seconds (which is the timer range I chose for the H3Y).

Could you suggest the proper wiring for this? Here is a link to the spec sheet.
http://www.ia.omron.com/data_pdf/data_sheet/h3y_dsheet_csm92.pdf

Thanks for your help with this simple question!

Regards,
Chris

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
No problems Page 9 , connect the DC supply to pins 13, 14

connect the mains Live to pin 9, Pump Live to Pin 5,

Pump Neutral and mains Neutral together.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I am looking to control a pump for a fish tank filter. I have a microcontroller that will turn all of the pumps in the tank off for a certain period of time to allow for feeding. At the end of this period of time, the pumps turn back on and flow resumes.
Is there anything keeping you from using a 2nd output of this micro to control a 2nd relay?

That Omron thing can't be cheap (unless you already own it).