Help With my dog!!!!!

mustashi113

Joined Dec 22, 2008
Does anyone out there have a simple schematic to put out 23000Hz to 43000Hz sound and can I use a piezo spkr ????? I ordered one for my dog because i yapps tooo much but I'd like to build one so i can have it in my pocket when I'm with him outside or another dog around me thanx In Advance

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
A simple 555 will generate in that range, we used to use them in college connected to stereos in the U/S range.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
If you can find a tweeter that works at a frequency that you cannot hear then it will just be another noise to the dog and might cause the dog to bark at it.

You need to train the dog to stop barking when it hears the ultrasonic sound. Then you might as well train the dog to stop barking all the time.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I know where the OP is coming from. They sell collars that have a U/S generator inside, and trigger when the dog barks. The sound is very loud to the dog (right behind its ears), and very unpleasant, but since we can't hear it the dog is the only one getting punishment.

There are near U/S and U/S frequencies that humans can feel, but not hear. They can be very spooky psychologically speaking, but that has nothing to do with this thread. We used them in college to get revenge, or otherwise discourage bad human behavour (such as stereo wars in a dorm, one side country and the other side rap).

I think the OP is trying for a loud sound the dog will find uncomfortable, but won't interact with humans.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
I know where the OP is coming from. They sell collars that have a U/S generator inside, and trigger when the dog barks. The sound is very loud to the dog (right behind its ears), and very unpleasant, but since we can't hear it the dog is the only one getting punishment.

There are near U/S and U/S frequencies that humans can feel, but not hear. They can be very spooky psychologically speaking, but that has nothing to do with this thread. We used them in college to get revenge, or otherwise discourage bad human behavour (such as stereo wars in a dorm, one side country and the other side rap).

I think the OP is trying for a loud sound the dog will find uncomfortable, but won't interact with humans.
I think most of those bark training collars give a warning tone, but the punishment is an electric shock. Don't think noise is going to be a deterrent. Have to be pretty loud to be unpleasant, and most likely going to damage somebody's hearing. Dog still needs to be trained to respond properly. Loud sound will probably encourage the dog to do the same...

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Actually I think the shock collars are a thing of the past. PETA is a PITA, I haven't seen them in a while. A loud shreak in the ear can be pretty nasty though. Remember, if it is in the collar it is right next to their ears, and their hearing is considerably more acute.