Help with eletronic ballast

Status
Not open for further replies.

denissoncs

Joined Nov 8, 2011
Hello guys,

I'm working on a eletronic ballast. I'm using a push pull configuration, using ir 2110 as a driver.

I created a square wave of 40khz and I need a INVERTED square wave, such that the two waves NEVER becomes HIGH at the same time.

I've tried buffer, some circuits on the internet, but it didn't work.

I request some suggestions, please :)

Thanks

Denisson

denissoncs

Joined Nov 8, 2011
I attached two files. One is the ballast of a fluorescent LAMP i'm trying to implement. I'm using a IR2110 to drive two MOSFETS.

As far as I understood I need to create two square waves of 40khz (this value is not fixed) such that when wave Hin is HIGH the other Lin is LOW and vice-versa.

I tried to add a delay I properly calculated to create Hin and Lin using an adaptation of this circuit.

But it doesn't work at this frequency due to the slew rate of the operational amplifier. It worked properly until about 2khz.

There's any operational amplifier that will work at this 40khz frequency? If so, how do I know that?

In fact, when I used a function generator the circuit is driving the transistors. But I want to create my own wave.

I'm using 555 to create the square wave 40khz.

I accept tips about this or anything related to ballasts :)

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

denissoncs

Joined Nov 8, 2011
Hi,

I've read a lot about eletronic ballast but I still don't fully understand it. Could anybody look at this circuit I've built and tell me what is wrong?

When I turn it on, the Ir 2110 IS NOT DRIVING the Ho signal to the high side transistor.

If I change VCC to 19.5V, It started to overheat the transistor and I turned it off.

Please, any tips? :)

Thanks,

Denisson

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am sorry, but we do not discuss non isolated mains powered circuits over here.

Fom the ToS:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
Bertus

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Try adding a transformer to the circuit, and revisit it. May I suggest an inverter, powering florescent from batteries is always popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.