Help with electronics on an oven.

tryingtofixall

Joined Feb 8, 2012
Hello,
We recently had a problem with the power to our home and it apparently fried a transformer on the timer/control board of our stove. It also fried a transformer on our garage door opener and a power supply for an ethernet switch. I replaced the garage door transformer and the power supply for the ethernet switch and those work great. Now I need to fix the stove and I cannot find anywhere to buy the transformer. It is a 230vac electric stove with a digital clock and timer. Apparently that circuit board also controls the oven because the cooktop works but there is no display and the oven won't heat at all. The burnt transformer on that board has a label that says Eaton Corp 2510013A01 549-9907 Mexico Class 130 B 299PB17E. It looks to have two sets of windings with four wire ends coming off of one side and possibly four of the other side but it is hard to tell because they are burnt and gone. It is a solder on unit with 12 pins. The appliance manufacturer's replacement circuit board is about 300 dollars and I will not pay that. I believe this is a simple fix but I need help finding the transformer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

Attachments

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
You rely need to post clear pictures of both sides of the circuit board, so we have something to go on. Either that or find some one who has the same stove thats working & measure the voltages from the transformer.

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Chances are if the transformer is that bad, some of the electronic components are going to have problems.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Look at the two Electrolytic capacitors (black vertical silver stripe ) C26, C15 they look tlike the supply smoothing for the transformer outputs , what voltage rating are these, as it looks like the transformer has two seperate ac outputs?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It's a standard msmall mains transformer with centre tap secondary, all he needed was a transformer with enough capacity and roughly the right secondary voltage.

That part number might mean an 18 volt transformer which is a typical enough type.

Thank you for your replies.
The two Electrolytic capacitors C26 an C15 are 35V. There is another Electrolytic capacitor (C14) which is 16V. The secondary does have a center tap. Also the two relays for bake and broil have 18VDC coils. Does this help in identifying the secondary voltage? Should I try an 18V transformer? If so, what amperage should I try?
Thank you,
Cruiser1821

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
I would be giving a 15V ac TF a try, that should give about 18V DC. I had some apliances damaged when the mains went from 240V to 310V & it was the power companys fault & they paid for the repairs. One of them was a fridge control board with a computer chip on it. The transformer was burnt out, cost of replacement board was $180. I later found out the burnt TF was 12V AC, so found another suitable TF & replaced it. Tryd the board in the fridge & it now works, so have put the repaird board away as a spare. Its worth a try if you cant claim it.

If your power problems were the fault of the utility company, they should help you with this.
My brother-in-law was installing a light fixture and the stove timer stopped working since. The range works but not the oven. I took the timer control circuit out and saw the burnt tansformer. I hope to just replace the transformer.

I would be giving a 15V ac TF a try, that should give about 18V DC. I had some apliances damaged when the mains went from 240V to 310V & it was the power companys fault & they paid for the repairs. One of them was a fridge control board with a computer chip on it. The transformer was burnt out, cost of replacement board was $180. I later found out the burnt TF was 12V AC, so found another suitable TF & replaced it. Tryd the board in the fridge & it now works, so have put the repaird board away as a spare. Its worth a try if you cant claim it.
I will try a 12V one since I can't find a 15V.
Thank you for your reply

Did you find the transformer? The controller on my stove went out, was able to find a rebuilt controller for 86.10 part# 3196967 on Ebay.

Finding a transformer was going to take too long.