Help with connecting my timer switch to my geyser

ikettle

Joined Jul 3, 2012
Hi Guys, can anyone tell me how to connect this timer switch to my geyser.

I have attached the photo of this timer switch. I know that from the geyser circuit breaker I must connect the live to L on the timer switch and then the neutral from the geyser circuit breaker to the N on the timer switch. I need to know what I need to connect to positions 1, 2 and 3?

Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I think you are talking about a boiler (a heated water resevoir).
When the isolation is good enough you can use the timed powersupply.

Bertus

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Hi Guys, can anyone tell me how to connect this timer switch to my geyser.

I have attached the photo of this timer switch. I know that from the geyser circuit breaker I must connect the live to L on the timer switch and then the neutral from the geyser circuit breaker to the N on the timer switch. I need to know what I need to connect to positions 1, 2 and 3?

Any help will be appreciated.
Terminals 1,2,3 are a set of voltage free contacts so.
Looks like terminals 1 &2, in series with the live of your geyser.check with a multimeter that terms 1&2 make contact when timer is active.

Last edited:

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I'd think geyser is a waterfall or fountain pump???

Do you not have the manual for the timer? Got a manufacturer/model number?
Looks like those terminals are maybe for switches/contact closures to trigger the timer or override it or something..

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I command nature's geothermal forces, with this unassuming relay. If only I were Chuck Norris, I could ditch the relay.

ikettle

Joined Jul 3, 2012
Actually a Geyser is a water boiler, used to heat water for domestic use, bathing, showering etc...It probably is a word from the Dutch as I am in South Africa.

Terminals 1, 2 and 3 should go back to the geyser, which will allow the timer to control the current, allowing the geyser to switch on and off via the setting on the timer. I just dont know what I should connect to 1, 2 and 3.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
L & N need constant power. this is what keeps the timer powered and timing.

#2 is the common terminal, #1 is normally open and #3 is normally closed.

You would probably want to do the following:
wire your hot wire to L and terminal 2.
Wire your neutral wire to N and to the geyser.
Wire terminal 1 to geyser (it will replace the currently installed hot wire)