help with circuit please

gandhik1

Joined Apr 21, 2007
Hi
I am a mechanical engineering major working on this project. I have been trying to figure something out using goole for days now but nothing seems to help me.

I have a mechanism built to shoot base balls at three different targets. I have a microswitch in place that will click everytime a base ball is shot. I need a circuit using LM55 timer, such that it count 10 baseballs and to power up another motor which would turn my machine such that it will shoot another 10 balls at the next target and then again move and then shoot 10 balls in the third target and move to the original position. If someone can help me just get a circuit design that can just count 10 to start the motor for me would be very helpful.

Thank You Very Much

gandhik1

Joined Apr 21, 2007
you could use a decade counter such as the 4017.
Hi I think i dint make my question clear.
I dint want 10 different outputs. I want the circuit to count basically 10 shots and then start a motor which will move my mechanism by a small angle. after which the motor will shut of.

Salgat

Joined Dec 23, 2006
I think by decade counter he meant that it would count from 0 to 9 and then by using AND gates or whatever you could have a high value for the 9(by ANDing QA and QD), then it'd reset and count 10 values over again. Just a guess.

windy

Joined Apr 19, 2007
I would suggest a Pic controller proto board. you can find them with a quick search on the net. There are books on programming these as well as a large community that can give suggestions, making easy work out of the electronics.

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
yeah m no good at electronics but i was also thinking along those decade counter lines.
after the 10 counts the m/c can generate a signal (as clear signal)
which can be used to energize a relay switch. a timer can then de-energize it
after a said amount of rotation has been achieved.
of course there might be better ways to achieve it.