help with button command (microcontroller)

nandax

Joined Nov 20, 2008
hello guys,,
i am working with microcontroller associate with the button, and testing it with hyperterminal, so i can see the character i send from microcontroller.
so far i can send letter character like a, b, c etc.by sending the hexa decimal code in microcontroller.and it appear in hyperterminal.
the problem is when i'd like to try space button and sending the space command to hyperterminal. i expect that the cursor can move and shift the character after the cursor, but instead shifting the cursor erasing the character after the cursor..
can somebody tell me why and give suggestion for it?

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Can you post your microcontroller source code? Maybe one of the members can spot where there is a problem.

If you use the CODE tags (Selected by clicking on the # sign at the top of the edit window, the formatting should be much clearer.

hgmjr

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
the problem is when i'd like to try space button and sending the space command to hyperterminal. i expect that the cursor can move and shift the character after the cursor, but instead shifting the cursor erasing the character after the cursor..
can somebody tell me why and give suggestion for it?

First, how are you getting characters to the right of the cursor?
Second, I do not believe terminal programs keep track of what is on the screen as editor programs do, and so can not do insertion -- overwrite only.

--Rich