Help with amplifier

somewhereinusa

Joined May 14, 2012
Real new here. I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, if not I apologize.I'm working on an old Newcomb amp. I'm pretty sure that all that is wrong with it is a bad transformer. I've done much searching and can't seem to find what I need. I've posted a wiring diagram and a picture of the transformer here. Electronics I'm pretty sure I need 45v, but that's all I have been able to determine.I've done a lot of searching and can't seem to find a supplier for this kind of transformer, perhaps I'm searching for the wrong thing?

Thanks in advance,
Dick

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I would have though a transformer that size should not be a problem, Hammond are one of the largest manuf. for small transformers, also try DigiKey.
You may have to change the Ind. lamp set up or voltage?
Max.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
I'm pretty sure I need 45v, but that's all I have been able to determine.I've done a lot of searching and can't seem to find a supplier for this kind of transformer, perhaps I'm searching for the wrong thing?

Thanks in advance,
Dick
Actually you need about 33 to 34 volts for the transformer secondary. The FWB DC output is approximately the peak AC voltage minus diode drops.

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You don't need an exact replacement. I would ignore the lamp requirement and worry about that later. I would think a transformer with 36VAC output should work.