help with a switch

chasle

Joined Oct 10, 2013
I am hoping to meet the demand it shouldnt be to hard with enough batteries, and ive looked into inverters and the best ones to go with is a true sign wave inverter which will give more better power supply to newer electronics than a regular inverter. I beleive my alternator can put out anywhere from 70-120 amps. Not to sure of what kw im using but it shouldnt be to hard to maintain, and yes i have alot of water on my property that we supplie up to 15 other homes off of a gravity fed system and on a 1" pipe or garden hose im getting atleast 70-90 psi which can be upped by a power spraying nozzle that will be chocked down.

chasle

Joined Oct 10, 2013
The main appliances i use is a space heater, and microwave, other than that all the lights are 12v, and i use a tv, satelite and a fan, other than that theres not much power being used. I switch the heater off to use the microwave and vise versa but im on a 20a fuse.

cornishlad

Joined Jul 31, 2013
Before commenting on the other issues can I say that a static pressure of 70>90 lbs is not the only factor. All of the extractable energy available depends on the flow rate at that pressure. My own static water pressure is 70lbs but the flow rate from a hose pipe is pathetic and the pressure very low. Are you sure the energy you expect is really there ?

chasle

Joined Oct 10, 2013
Well as i said before its all about the gearing, imagine my turbine as a gear, its about 10 to 12" in diameter which will work as a high torque low speed gear, and attached to that is a shaft that extends out of the turbine housing and attached to that is another gear about 3" in diameter connecting a chain to another 3" gear driving the alternator, so with this setup wwhich can be modified bigger or smaller i can acheive high torque and speed from certain gear ratios, the alternator only requires 1hp to drive and charge, but lets say 2hp just to be safe, even if my current water preasure 70-100 psi isnt enought ive got 900ft of mountain i can climb and extend my water lines doubling or trippling my preasure the higher i go and starting at the top with lets say a 4" pipe decreasing down to 3" at the bottom off the mountan and decreasing the size till it comes to the turbine at a high preasure nozzle. So if my current preasure isnt enough i can easily make it enough.