Help with a flip flop circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abodon

Joined Jul 20, 2014
Hi there.

I found this forum through Google and hoping someone might help me :)

I am planning to convert the dashboard on my car to that of a later model, it's a Renault Clio and the two versions can be referred to as Phase 1 (Ph1) and Phase 2 (Ph2).

One of the differences is the Ph1 has a rocker switch that operates the car locking. The up action makes the car lock, the down action makes the car unlock.

Theoretically you would never need to press either button twice in a row. If you do, it just tries to unlock or lock the car again.

I believe that these switches under the rocker are called momentary switches?

Essentially I want to create a circuit to hide behind the dashboard, that will complete my criteria and allow me to have 1 button (again momentary I believe) that will activate the lock button, but if you press it again then it will unlock the car etc.

I know this is possible and the requirements are probably very simple to some of you, just hoping someone might share some knowledge to get me started.

Best regards,

abodon.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The owners of All About Circuits have elected not to allow discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised, are considered “off-topic” at all times and will result in your thread being closed without question:
• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
Automotive modifications
• Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
• LEDs to mains
• Phone jammers
• Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
• Transformer-less power supplies
This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Here is a site that may provide you with some assistance: Electro Tech Online

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.