Help with 12V relay wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVUMath

Joined Jun 18, 2013
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.

I teach undergraduate mathematics at WVU, so hopefully no one thinks I'm a moron for not figuring this out on my own. It's a project i'm working on for a vehicle and can't seen to come up with the proper logic.

I'm needing some help drawing up a schematic to work a DC motor. All relays and wiring are on a 12V circuit. I'm aware that a simple/typical power window circuit works on the follow logic.

I am trying to use a single +12V input to active power to the blue wire off pin #30 on the left relay. The +12V input is controlled by the auto-down switch and thus stay's activated until the drivers window is completely down(assuming controlled via the motors current draw).

I am trying to take this and apply it to my passenger window but am having no luck with my diagrams.

I am trying to use the output of the auto-down function ( +12V) to activate a circuit to bring down my passenger window.

WVUMath

Joined Jun 18, 2013
My main concern is that the motors have no permanent ground. The rocker switch changes the polarity to reverse the motor and has stumped.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Assuming this is not closed as an Automotive project then..

Your diagram is wrong , the coils are on pins 85/ 86, the wiper is pin 30, the NC is pin 87a, and NO is pin 87, so you have no +12V feed to the relay coils,this needs to be on pin 85

Relay

normally the relays will short out the motor until one is activated and then the motor will turn in that direction.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
As I read this thread, it's about implementing an electrical window feature in a vehicle.

This is a violation of the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, on automotive modifications, as seen here:
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/l_tos.html
Therefore, this thread will be closed.

Please understand the reasons behind this action and bear no grudge.
Feel free to tread on the rest of the forums.

You may find answers to your questions in one of the links provided here: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54400

In case I interpreted your request wrongly, feel free to appeal this decision via a PM to any moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.