Help What are these boxes & parts

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
Is there a chance that this is a push-pull amp from a vintage radio or stereo system? Any ideas from the forum? Bendix was in the electronics business back in the 50's and 60's and they were found in antique radios. Hope this helps a little.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
If. You think these assemblies are coming from a military aircraft, you could ask on a military aircraft forum. I have stumbled upon one befor so I know at least one form exists - I just don't remember the name. The good news is that that forum was full of old aircraft techs who would have known every square inch of the aircraft they were assigned to maintain. They can tell you exactly what it was and where to get one.

Good luck - I can't wait to see the finished piece.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
This site has a rule against recommending or designing automotive modifications, but I'm going to have to ask for a referee to make a ruling on time machines. If only it wasn't in a car!
Personally I'd have to ask moderation to please keep this thread open, I am eager to see how it turns out :D

@ the OP -

Could you give us photos of the sides of the box? You only showed us the front and inside. Or is this what you were referring to earlier, saying you didn't have any more photos?

I think if we could see the cylinder object on the right hand side of the third image a little better, we might be able to help more.

Matt

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Oh, I get it. These aren't your pictures, are they? They are pictures you got from someone else or somewhere else on the internet, of something that was pulled out of the original movie car, and now you are trying to replicate it to put in your car? Youve never actually laid hands or eyes on the object in the pictures?

BTTF Car

Joined Feb 18, 2014
Oh, I get it. These aren't your pictures, are they? They are pictures you got from someone else or somewhere else on the internet, of something that was pulled out of the original movie car, and now you are trying to replicate it to put in your car? Youve never actually laid hands or eyes on the object in the pictures?
A friend in the UA who builds time machines was luck to get to see the original car a few years ago and took these photos. the tube item on the right is a fuse holder.