help wanted

j taylor

Joined Nov 4, 2012
Hi i am new to the forum and would like some help with a project i am trying to build , I have four high power led s that i want to run from a 12v battrey however the leds have a forward voltage of 3.5v max at 1000ma , i would like to run them in strings of two connected in seires which means using a buck converter to step the voltage down also i would like to be able to dimm the whole setup using pwm 0% to 100% which i have already built my problem is that i have no idea which buck regulator to use and even less of an idea how to put pwm into a buck regulator or what components to use with the buck regulator to get the best from my power supply any help would be welcome

j taylor

Joined Nov 4, 2012
Hi guys and thanks for your input but not sure these ciruits are quite what i wanted 12 volt from a battrey is just not enough voltage to run four of these leds to there full potential so my thought was to wire them in serise two at a time so each pair only needs 6 volts useing a buck converter to give me six volts at up to 1amp from my 12volt battery but i want to build the buck converter myself and also incorparate a pwm for dimming although i am knew to electronics i can solder and make pcb sand read a schmatic but am not good with the maths so any help would be much appreshated .