Help Urgent to identify one of the component in an In Vehicle Infotainment System

fmsf

Joined May 28, 2020
Hi this is a circuit of one of the In Vehicle Infotainment System. Can anyone please help to identify the component. #No.10 Thanks
Can't find much info about it. Have labelled the rest of the components do point out if there is any discrepancy thanks. Need some electrical engineers to identify No.10 Component. (Am wondering if it is Voltage Buffers for TFT LCD) Would also need a official reference/evidence to proof. Thanks!
1590655483372.png
1590655635228.png

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It looks like a custom chip with a non-standard serial number and no manufacturer ID or logo. OEMs do this all the time to make repair and replacement at the chip level difficult to impossible. If this is the case there will be no publicly available information on the chip, no source of supply for the chip and no alternative for the chip.

fmsf

Joined May 28, 2020
It looks like a custom chip with a non-standard serial number and no manufacturer ID or logo. OEMs do this all the time to make repair and replacement at the chip level difficult to impossible. If this is the case there will be no publicly available information on the chip, no source of supply for the chip and no alternative for the chip.
Oh damn... That's bad. Then is there a way to at least identify the type of component based on its placement and connection on the PCB?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Oh damn... That's bad. Then is there a way to at least identify the type of component based on its placement and connection on the PCB?
It may be possible to infer the function of the chip with an accurate reverse engineered schematic. This will be an educated guess at best. It is still possible that someone may come up with an obscure datasheet for a part with that designation, but the clock is ticking. The longer it takes the more likely it doesn't exist (the datasheet that is, the part clearly exists).

fmsf

Joined May 28, 2020
Below is the back of the chip to of the same chip as posted in the picture. [FLIP LEFT]
Pls do let me know any advice that might point to what component 10 might be. Thanks!
Component 10 is at the bottom right-hand corner as seen on the back image of the chip

fmsf

Joined May 28, 2020
I cannot trace just by looking at pictures.
You need to do it.
I also only have the images provided to identify the components.
By tracing for a start it is definitely linked to Component 11: 800 MA LDO VOLTAGE REGULATOR

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I also only have the images provided to identify the components.
By tracing for a start it is definitely linked to Component 11: 800 MA LDO VOLTAGE REGULATOR
keep going.
It has more than 1 pin as far as I can see..

Wait. You mean you do not have the PCB in your hand ?

fmsf

Joined May 28, 2020
keep going.
It has more than 1 pin as far as I can see..

Wait. You mean you do not have the PCB in your hand ?
Yeah not at all. Just the pictures and doc provided as posted. Supposed to make an analysis of the system by first identifying all its component. So would sincerely appreciate any advice or help. Thanks