Help to identify

moparking

Joined Jan 26, 2011
Hello, I'm a new member to your forum.

Can someone help me identify this 12v controller board (see attachment)? I'd like to know the manufacturer/distributor and where could I purchase it? I currently have this curcuit board hooked up to red, green and blue LED arrays attached to a water fountain, and it controls the cycling of the three different colors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking far and wide for this curcuit board for quite a while with no success. Thanks!

Attachments

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
There are many free "print to PDF" printer emulators, and a few web-based doc to pdf converters for free. You can also do a screen capture of a schematic, paste it into paint, crop to size, save as a .PNG and attach it.

moparking

Joined Jan 26, 2011

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I'm betting the TO220 package on the left is an LM317, the two resistors to the right of it are set to output 5v, then the DIP is a Microchip PIC12F series, then three logic-level MOSFETs towards the right. Not sure what the three resistors would be for offhand.

moparking

Joined Jan 26, 2011
The component on the left appears to be a voltage regulator (43C50X9/UA7805C).
The next one to the right is a microchip (12C508A 04/POCR 0431).
The next three components to the right of the microchip are transistors (13005) series, one for each of the three red, green or blue LED arrays.

The power supply unit that feeds this controller curcuit board is rated @ 13.85 v.

Hope this additional info helps?

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I'm betting the TO220 package on the left is an LM317, the two resistors to the right of it are set to output 5v, then the DIP is a Microchip PIC12F series, then three logic-level MOSFETs towards the right. Not sure what the three resistors would be for offhand.
I'm thinking similar, but I don't see the circle M logo of microchip, or the ATmel signature, might be a custom run, could show up on a search.

--ETA: Scratch the above. Didn't see the update on the 12C5xx series. BJT Transistors explain the extra resistors.

The board Wookie linked above would be more efficient, as it uses MOSFETs instead of BJTs, how many LEDs were you driving? Is space/board configuration ("stick format") the reason to seek same?

moparking

Joined Jan 26, 2011
I'm thinking similar, but I don't see the circle M logo of microchip, or the ATmel signature, might be a custom run, could show up on a search.

--ETA: Scratch the above. Didn't see the update on the 12C5xx series. BJT Transistors explain the extra resistors.

The board Wookie linked above would be more efficient, as it uses MOSFETs instead of BJTs, how many LEDs were you driving? Is space/board configuration ("stick format") the reason to seek same?

I'm driving 64 Leds in each array (red, green, blue). And yes, space/board config is the reason I'm trying to find the same unit. Thanks.