Help to identify part

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by martinmcc, Oct 9, 2012.

  1. martinmcc

    Thread Starter New Member

    Aug 28, 2012
    Hi These unusual looking parts are on a transmission control unit for a tractor early 90's design. Any suggestions what they might be. Looks like some sort of custom design.
    Label is JJ675-69425 and JJ675-694426

    The board has standby voltage but is not generating the signal to switch on the main 5v supply. I need to remove the board but these components are screwed and look to be glued in. Unfortunately waiting on small screw removable kit as screws are not opening and will need to drill out.
  2. BMorse

    AAC Fanatic!

    Sep 26, 2009
    Unfortunately those components are some kind of custom proprietary parts. You can tell by the black "blob" of epoxy on the components. This is a good indicator that the company had these components specifically made for them and chose the less expensive package option.

    And the "screws" most likely have been soldered to the board underneath when the components were soldered in (looks like via a wave soldering machine) Those screws are usually installed prior to soldering so some solder may have wicked into the threads. and it will take some heat and a torx bit to get them out. (i use the same type of screws on some components we have here and they always get soldered in when they are finishing the boards.)