Help Reqd on Making and LCD Inteface for 1Mhz ,0-5 Volts signal

rahulvijay2006

Joined Dec 26, 2012
Dear Sir,

I m not very good in electronics.

For My project ,I need help in designing a Touch screen/LCD inteface for raw voltage signal (0-5 Volts ), 1 Mhz.

I searched over google and Found that I need to use some A/d Convertor and Intefacing driver with LCD but could not find something suitable for 1 MHz AC signal.

Kindly suggest me something like a readymade kit or if you could help me in Building it.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

RV

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Dear Sir,

I m not very good in electronics.

For My project ,I need help in designing a Touch screen/LCD inteface for raw voltage signal (0-5 Volts ), 1 Mhz.

I searched over google and Found that I need to use some A/d Convertor and Intefacing driver with LCD but could not find something suitable for 1 MHz AC signal.

Kindly suggest me something like a readymade kit or if you could help me in Building it.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

RV
What kind of mcu?
What kind of display?
What language?
Is 1mhz your clock speed?

Forget about the A/D convertor for now.

Just get your display working. A touch screen graphics display isn't exactly the best project for someone not good in electronics. You should start with an ordinary LCD display. Use tact buttons for your input.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
If you are starting out, go to a manufacturer's site like Microchip and explore their offerings. They will datasheets, application notes, tutorial and such that will help you decide what you need.

Another good way to find things is at a distributor like Mouser. They have lots of offerings from different sources. Visit the manufacturer's sites and explore there. Download the datasheets and have at it.

Good luck.

rahulvijay2006

Joined Dec 26, 2012
Dear Thanks for your reply.

I m using a sinewave generator AD5932 for 1 Mhz ,0-2 Volts AC output.The signal is feed to a Magnetic sensing probe which senses the presence of metal in and around.Depending on the distance of Metal from probe & metal property the value of Probe output changes from 0- 2volts.

At present i m using a Data Acquistion system from NI.It is acquiring the data and displaying data on Computer screen. But I would like to go for my own Display interface ,No computer Involve.

your advice will be valuable for me.

Best Regards,

RV

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
You didn't answer any of my questions. You need to define your requirements if you expect to get help. The ad5932 only comes in smd as far as I know. This will be difficult to work with for someone with no electronic skills.

t

rahulvijay2006

Joined Dec 26, 2012
I m using the Evaluation board of Ad5932.(EVAL-AD5932EBZ) with LabView. As far as Skills Go , I hold a Degree in Electronics Engg but worked mostly in Software such as Labview,Vb,etc. So not an expert in Electronics but of course understand the general Electronics terms.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I m using the Evaluation board of Ad5932.(EVAL-AD5932EBZ) with LabView. As far as Skills Go , I hold a Degree in Electronics Engg but worked mostly in Software such as Labview,Vb,etc. So not an expert in Electronics but of course understand the general Electronics terms.

I'm confused, if you have a degree in Electronics how can you not have a full understanding of electronics beyond just general terms?

I still say you need to start simple. As we say to kearn to walk you must first learn to crawl .

1, Build a real pic project that does nothing but light an led by pressing a button.

2. Build a project that displays on a simple LCD.

Then you can move on to graphics LCD with touch pad. But do nothing else. Just the display.

After that add in the rest of your circuit. Always best to start simple.

Last edited:

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Dear Thanks for your reply.

I m using a sinewave generator AD5932 for 1 Mhz ,0-2 Volts AC output.The signal is feed to a Magnetic sensing probe which senses the presence of metal in and around.Depending on the distance of Metal from probe & metal property the value of Probe output changes from 0- 2volts.

At present i m using a Data Acquistion system from NI.It is acquiring the data and displaying data on Computer screen. But I would like to go for my own Display interface ,No computer Involve.

your advice will be valuable for me.

Best Regards,

RV
You have a device that outputs an analog signal that is 0-2 volts at 1 MHz. This makes sense.

You have Magnetic sensor that outputs an analog signal 0-2 volts. This makes sense.

You are sending an analog signal of 0-2 volts at 1 MHz from sine wave generator to the magnetic sensor. This part does not make sense to me, but! I have not worked with magnetic sensors so maybe you are right.

Here is the important part. What do you want to show on display?

Earlier you said: "At present i m using a Data Acquistion system from NI.It is acquiring the data and displaying data on Computer screen." What data is it? Which device produces this data?

rahulvijay2006

Joined Dec 26, 2012
You have a device that outputs an analog signal that is 0-2 volts at 1 MHz. This makes sense.

You have Magnetic sensor that outputs an analog signal 0-2 volts. This makes sense.

You are sending an analog signal of 0-2 volts at 1 MHz from sine wave generator to the magnetic sensor. This part does not make sense to me, but! I have not worked with magnetic sensors so maybe you are right.

Here is the important part. What do you want to show on display?

Earlier you said: "At present i m using a Data Acquistion system from NI.It is acquiring the data and displaying data on Computer screen." What data is it? Which device produces this data?
Thanks for your reply.

at present I wanted the change in voltage( 0-2 Volts) to be displayed on a screen.

rahulvijay2006

Joined Dec 26, 2012
Guys ,what you all are suggesting to look on to website, search ,etc.This all i know but my problem is I did a lot of search but could not find the right link from where to move ahead.I have to store & Display a variable voltage 0-2 Volt( 1 Mhz).There are thousand of readymande PLC,DAQ system but i wanted to make my own.

I appreciate all your efforts.thanks for your help.

kindly suggest me the best.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Even that is difficult for me. If you can help me then pm me or you can see my problem posted in this thread with "Does LCD display anything?"
Sorry but I am not going to PM you.

LCD = Liquid Crystal Display.

Microchip has a library to interface to the LCD. And I am sure there are dozens if not hundreds of examples on the internet.