Help regarding project

boris910

Joined Jan 29, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am right now involved in a project called Emergency pre Hospital care in which
the patient's data such as BP,ECG has to be send to the hospital.I have planned to use
Online database system.
Can anyone tell me how to store the data from a microcontroller into a online web database such as
My sql.
I have seen that data can be send from microcontroller to the computer via MS COM port and can
be displayed in visual basic.But I want to make a system in which the data is stored in
Mysql directly and can be viewed using the browser.

Kindly please tell me how to make it.

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Have you access to the various database manuals? They should give acceptable formats for input information.

Given the continuing flap over patient health record security, can you design such a database that is both viewable using a browser and is utterly secure? would think the data entry and display aspects are only fractionally as important as data security.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Actually, patient data per se are not protected by security. It is the link between the data and a patient that must be protected. That allows a variety of options in emergency situations, such as "z codes." (That was a local term. I doubt it is universally used.).

The way it works is, the patient is given an arbitrary identifier (e.g., z code). Everything related to that patient is linked to the z code. All that needs to be protected is the link between the z code and patient ID, which may not actually be known in an emergency situation anyway.

Assigning a unique but anonymous code to a person is much better than using some other anonymous ID, such as "the patient in bed 4," or, "the lady with red hair," etc.

John

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Hi everyone,

I am right now involved in a project called Emergency pre Hospital care in which
the patient's data such as BP,ECG has to be send to the hospital.I have planned to use
Online database system.
Can anyone tell me how to store the data from a microcontroller into a online web database such as
My sql.
I have seen that data can be send from microcontroller to the computer via MS COM port and can
be displayed in visual basic.But I want to make a system in which the data is stored in
Mysql directly and can be viewed using the browser.

Kindly please tell me how to make it.

I don't know if you have an actual budget for this, but if there are a few dollars to toss at it, you can't beat LABVIEW for this sort of thing. It has ActiveX tools built right in for generating reports from data. A lot of institutions have Labview site licenses already...it might be worth checkinig out.

Eric

boris910

Joined Jan 29, 2009
Actually i don have to do all secure work.
Am thinking of just designing the main framework which
could be extended later.
Right now a simple version is wnough without much security.
but my worry is the time delay and the feasibility...