Help! QFP Identification

aftaha

Joined Jan 30, 2007
Hi All, I am trying to identify a quad flat pack 48 pin component. The numbers on the top are 1210-2 0057A 0550 and there is a symbol, probably manufacturer, that is shaped like a pyramid in three parts. The left piece looks like an L with the vertical line on a 45 degree angle, the center piece looks like a 1 without the line at the base, and the right piece looks like a right angle triangle that extends a little further to the left from the verticle 90 degree line. I have gone to the component site that has been posted here and don't see the symbol there. Does anyone have any other ideas.
Thanks

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
If you have access to a digital camera, I suggest you take a closeup picture of the part and then post it here.

hgmjr

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi All, I am trying to identify a quad flat pack 48 pin component. The numbers on the top are 1210-2 0057A 0550 and there is a symbol, probably manufacturer, that is shaped like a pyramid in three parts. The left piece looks like an L with the vertical line on a 45 degree angle, the center piece looks like a 1 without the line at the base, and the right piece looks like a right angle triangle that extends a little further to the left from the verticle 90 degree line. I have gone to the component site that has been posted here and don't see the symbol there. Does anyone have any other ideas.
Thanks
The maximum likelihood case is that it is a custom ASIC for which the datasheet and specifications are proprietary. The logo is probably the foundry that made the chip from a sequestered design.

aftaha

Joined Jan 30, 2007
Thanks,
This would be my luck. I 'll see if posting a pic will change it.

The maximum likelihood case is that it is a custom ASIC for which the datasheet and specifications are proprietary. The logo is probably the foundry that made the chip from a sequestered design.

mrmeval

Joined Jun 30, 2006
What is the device in? In cases where the part is not eaisly looked up you probably have a part with custom firmware of some kind. There are several different types from FPGAs, ASICs, proms, eeproms, PALs and a variety of microcontrollers. The reason for these is ease of manufacture and protection of 'intellectual property'.

There are companies that do no want you to figure out how it works and don't want you repairing it without paying them for the privilege. It's illegal to figure out how it works and tell anyone about it in the U.S.