[help] project proposal

jureenji

Joined Feb 5, 2013
Can someone please help me think of a project proposal. Our thesis defence will be this march. They require me three proposals but I only have one proposal yet on my mind, an automated air conditioner and lights control with fingerprint biometric access system. I can't think of any other proposals and I require all of your help in making a good proposal. PLEASE HELP ME, thank you and more power for this forum

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
What are your strong-suits? What area would you like to go into? What level project? Are we talking Arduino controlled blinds, or a automated paintball turret that shoots certain people based off of facial recognition?

jureenji

Joined Feb 5, 2013
this one is a college project. i don't want a robotics project cause i don't have any backgrounds in making any robots. help me think of a project that can be eco-friendly or anything that can help people in any way. thanks :)

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
this one is a college project. i don't want a robotics project cause i don't have any backgrounds in making any robots. help me think of a project that can be eco-friendly or anything that can help people in any way. thanks :)
I don't know about you, but when the zombies attack, you'd be thankful you have a turret system setup... that would help a lot of people!:p

How about a door that responds to voice commands...

You haven't told me an area you'd like to go into. You've stated in vague, business-degree-earning words that you'd like to help people and be eco-friendly, but that doesn't tell me what area of expertise you have.

Given your vague concept, I'm assuming this is for an undergraduate degree, no?

jureenji

Joined Feb 5, 2013
i could really use those turrets though, if you could ever make a virus of some sort in making zombies, LOL

and yes sir, this is for an undergraduate degree, we are required for 3 project proposals in our school.

I can't tell you a specific area of expertise I have sir because my school provides a low quality of teaching,

i may site an example of project proposals that have been made in our school.
1. water anti-tampering device with sms technology
2. robot cleaners of some sort (but i don't want to go with robots as i have said earlier)
3. automated feeder with waste disposal piggery system

jureenji

Joined Feb 5, 2013
:D

How about building a device that randomly picks electronic projects given little to no information.
i am so sorry if i am giving a very little information cause i am new here and i can't think of any information that i could put in my thread

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I can't tell you a specific area of expertise I have sir because my school provides a low quality of teaching,
You must take credit for what you know. You chose the school, did you not? either way, I taught myself microcontrollers with assembly before ever taking a class on it, why couldn't you do the same on whatever topic you choose?

i may site an example of project proposals that have been made in our school.
1. water anti-tampering device with sms technology
2. robot cleaners of some sort (but i don't want to go with robots as i have said earlier)
3. automated feeder with waste disposal piggery system
...and what is wrong with those? You are trying to apply the things you've learned in order to create, or examine, something.

Okay, what area would you like to pursue? DSP? Radio Communication? Control Systems? Power?

jureenji

Joined Feb 5, 2013
i have taken Computer Engineering Course for my college degree and i have no idea of what could i be doing in this course. I have no idea of microcontrollers or building robots of some sort or other related projects before I start this course.

i may take the control system area sir, thanks for your help

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
i have taken Computer Engineering Course for my college degree and i have no idea of what could i be doing in this course. I have no idea of microcontrollers or building robots of some sort or other related projects before I start this course.

i may take the control system area sir, thanks for your help
:confused:...I thought we you were looking for a project...:confused:

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Given the way and means gathering of university project ideas is actually happening, and given the efforts I have taken to construct circuit without schematics, I should order myself a double honours degree from that Sequia mill.

Project ideas should emerge from actual involvement with matters, from hard work soldering many wires, and from studying the components and hardware market.

Not like sort of Oh yes this is THE new thing, I am going to build this, and I will use ready-made controller board and 5 servos and a helicopter battery.

It depends mainly on these things:

-How much time can or will you spend.
-How much documentation can you look up and I mean how many 10000 or 100k pages.
-How much money can you invest.
-What is your setup to construct things.

Give that information, and people here may give you some ideas. It's no shame if you only have a DMM, a cheap laptop and not a soldering station. Or if $300 is a lot of money for you. It is a lot for most of us these days. Not that they don't have $300 but people often have priorities and many things pending to buy some day.

Your project should have these characteristics:

-Something new or revolutinary or a novel way of dealing with technology and cutting costs. If you can cut costs, you will get a good evalution for sure.

-Up standards of currently used technology, or, a novel way to use traditional technology in a smart way- again cutting costs and efforts.

-A real world use means not just a message in space or a TTL CPU which ends nowhere.

-Marketability and scaleability for manufacture of a small series, even if this is never going to happen.

Get used to the fact for each good professional design there exist 20 or more which ended nowhere and costed a lot of money and took ages to wire up.

-Documentation should be useful and interesting. I saw really bloated reports which contained a lot of technical bla bla having little use.

Take a look the product brochures from Microchip, Freescale, and ST Electronics. Produce a report which is similar to that not just 30 pages text with weird formulas and techno blabla.

You can also find impressions by reading these brochures. Just take a look and download 20 or 30 of these.

If you have not already, get some low-cost dev. boards, preferably more than one. You do not have to use them all day, just take a look how things are done by professionals. It is recommendable for programmers, electronics engineers and technology guys to have an assortment of these available to use and deploy immediately if need be. If you only have an Arduino that's a start but not enough to do a professional university project that will become acclaimed in any kind.