help please

muslim_eng

Joined Mar 3, 2008
hi >>>>>>
i am working in aproject of invertor and i have aproblem in transforming dc to ac ( from batrrey to output ) i use a555 isolator & invertor but i neet achip to make delay in the wave out of invertor to product asquare wave whats that chip ?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
You say you already have a 555 - those are usually timer ICs.

555 timers can be used in astable mode (free-running oscillators) or monostable (timer) mode. You can connect them with a couple of resistors and capacitors to make square waves. They can output or sink up to 200mA of current.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Maybe he is making an inverter project with a center-tapped transformer and has two Mosfets driving it push-pull. The 555 drives one Mosfet and he wants a "delay" circuit to drive the other Mosfet with the opposite phase.
He should use a logic inverter IC or another 555 connected as an inverter.

I think a CD4047 IC is perfect for a simple square-wave inverter because it has an oscillator made with a single resistor and capacitor, a digital divider and two opposing outputs that are perfect square-waves. It even has its clock output at double the frequency that can be gated then makes a modified sine-wave waveform.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
If it were an H-bridge or a push-pull, the dead time would be a requirement. But is dead time actually needed for a center-tapped primary set-up?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Some Mosfets conduct a high current when each has a gate voltage of 6.5V when the square-wave is halfway through switching. But for only a moment if the drive has fast rise and fall times.

S_lannan

Joined Jun 20, 2007
i would definately consider dead-time in a push pull converter. those devices take time to switch off and i would very much like to avoid cross conduction.